20 Questions game

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Re: 20 Questions game

Post#2461 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:10 am

Is this thing in orbit mostly used by the telecommunications industry?

lol... Geo-synconuos... Thank you for catching that spell checker!
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#2462 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:44 am

I am thinking about a thing....

1.> Is this "thing" found on planet earth? No
2.> Is this "thing" found within our solar system? Yes
3.> Is this thing found on a Planet within our solar system? No
4.> Is this things composition made up of solid matter? Yes
5.> Is this "thing" somewhere between the sun and the outer reaches of the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter? Yes -> But so is Mercury,Venus,Earth,and Mars..
6.> Is this thing man-made? YES!
7.> Is this "thing" orbiting a planet? Yes
8.> Is it orbiting Mars? No
9.> Does this thing orbiting earth? Yes
10.> Is it in Geo-synconuos orbit? I assume you mean Geosynchronous.. No
11.> Is it Space debris?? No
12.> What I was asking was, is this man made thing located on a moon that orbits a planet? No
13.> Is this thing in orbit mostly used by the telecommunications industry? No
Sometimes I Give hints, but this is doable with the questions left. And where is the fun with help?!?!?
Ah I guess 1 hint! The Answers To Questions 9 And 10 Are Accurate But Misleading. There now that Probably Gave it away....

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Post#2463 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:13 pm

Is this thing in a polar orbit around the Earth?
Some people are so fond of ill luck they run halfway to meet it

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#2464 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:05 pm

Is this thing a satellite?
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#2465 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:43 pm

Is this thing an unused satellite orbiting in the mid-atmosphere "junk-yard"?
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#2466 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:40 pm

5.> Is this "thing" somewhere between the sun and the outer reaches of the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter? Yes -> But so is Mercury,Venus,Earth,and Mars..
12.> What I was asking was, is this man made thing located on a moon that orbits a planet? No
14.> Is this thing in a polar orbit around the Earth? No But it is in a Unique orbit itself.....
15.> Is this thing a satellite? Yes But Only in the aspect of all things orbiting a celestial body are satellites..
16.> Is this thing an unused satellite orbiting in the mid-atmosphere "junk-yard"? No But that would have been a good pick for some really Evil player.. :lol: Like picking the old Telstar or something Good Question!!!!!!
Sometimes I Give hints, but this is doable with the questions left. And where is the fun with help?!?!?
Ah I guess 1 hint! The Answers To Questions 9 And 10 Are Accurate But Misleading. There now that Probably Gave it away....

megcak555
Overachiever

Post#2467 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:57 pm

16 and 11 should be considered as the same question I would think?? Unused satellite's in the "junk-yard" is space debris...whether it be man-made (which was my intention of the question) or actual meteor fragments etc...

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#2468 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:41 pm

"Space debris" and satellites directed to the orbital "junkyard" are two entirely different things, yet similar. In short, the term space debris is all encompassing, the "junkyard" I mentioned is a very specific area at a very specific altitude.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

megcak555
Overachiever

Post#2469 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:05 pm

I fully understand that there is a difference of the two...My main point of order here is to the fact that this is 20 question game and in all practicality we should have an extra question.

The one question of "is it space debris" would encompass your question therefore rendering it as already answered for if the answer was yes then the same answer would be yes to #11 and then one would need to narrow the field as to what it is...

I wasn't reading too much into this or making it to be a big deal and by no means to offend you mate...Just trying to give us another guess with only 4 more questions...

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#2470 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:33 pm

Yes thank you Rep. I was trying between naps to answer that. They are 2 very good but different questions. As I said when I started this (And I meant to give no clues) You are going to need your thinking caps for this one! If you know anything about "Space Tech" I have Already Given it Away! And Some of the Stuff in the "Junk Yard" Is far, far, from Dead........ Some of us still use it for fun or in case of Armageddon.
P.S. Still think it's a Brilliant Question! Not to many people know about the "Junk Yard"....

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#2471 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:09 pm

Because this is such a dispatch from norm I was planning on giving this one more questions... All the questions I have posted have a bearing on finding this "thing". With the hint and the answer to 14 would have been all that I needed to get this..

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Post#2472 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:13 am

Is this thing an x-ray space observatory?

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#2473 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:12 am

14.> Is this thing in a polar orbit around the Earth? No But it is in a Unique orbit itself.....
15.> Is this thing a satellite? Yes But Only in the aspect of all things orbiting a celestial body are satellites..
16.> Is this thing an unused satellite orbiting in the mid-atmosphere "junk-yard"? No But that would have been a good pick for some really Evil player.. :lol: Like picking the old Telstar or something Good Question!!!!!!
17.> Is this thing an x-ray space observatory? No Very Close though. But it is not X-ray. Be careful there are many. I have given specific hints.

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Post#2474 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:57 pm

Was this thing put into orbit from a space shuttle?

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#2475 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:37 pm

17.> Is this thing an x-ray space observatory? No Very Close though. But it is not X-ray. Be careful there are many. I have given specific hints.
18.> Was this thing put into orbit from a space shuttle? No Perfect Question!

Return to “Games”