20 Questions game

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Re: 20 Questions game

Post#2476 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:57 pm

Well, that narrows it down somewhat.
Some people are so fond of ill luck they run halfway to meet it

megcak555
Overachiever

Post#2477 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:57 am

ok...I'll keep out of this one however just another point of order and only for I don't like when I'm informed of being wrong when not...According to Article VIII of the Outer Space Treaty, anything that is "located in" and or "not in use" which is orbiting in the classified area known as the space junkyard IS considered abandoned DEBRIS...Therefore the pinpointing or narrowing down the answer takes on a totally new direction...

...Not disputing a great question indeed...Just when one who is not as wise as others (such as myself) I ponder on areas accordingly for a resulting solution, in this case the answer to the game.

by the way I didn't google or "search" info on the treaty...My half sister works at NASA in the com room...and I'm pretty familiar with what's classified as such, and I would not cheat by no means in this playful game...She'd bring sat photo's home and we'd play spot the Russian (was some years ago when we had a different take on things wordwide)...I like playing it (20 questions) too much plus it would be unfair...So I did ask her about this particular one and she did give me some of the possible answers before I told her not to...but it was too late...

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#2478 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:39 am

Share them with me, Please... PM... I tried to think of something fairly famous, and almost completely unique in space. And I can now see where the problem may arise so there is one more question...

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Post#2479 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:22 pm

(shake) Well Russ, I will take a stab at it. After all we do have an added question allowed.

I am going to go with INTEGRAL.

The Speckr r of not guessing right haunts me

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#2480 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:11 pm

I am thinking about a thing....

1.> Is this "thing" found on planet earth? No
2.> Is this "thing" found within our solar system? Yes
3.> Is this thing found on a Planet within our solar system? No
4.> Is this things composition made up of solid matter? Yes
5.> Is this "thing" somewhere between the sun and the outer reaches of the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter? Yes -> But so is Mercury,Venus,Earth,and Mars..
6.> Is this thing man-made? YES!
7.> Is this "thing" orbiting a planet? Yes
8.> Is it orbiting Mars? No
9.> Does this thing orbiting earth? Yes
10.> Is it in Geo-synconuos orbit? I assume you mean Geosynchronous.. No
11.> Is it Space debris?? No
12.> What I was asking was, is this man made thing located on a moon that orbits a planet? No
13.> Is this thing in orbit mostly used by the telecommunications industry? No
14.> Is this thing in a polar orbit around the Earth? No But it is in a Unique orbit itself.....
15.> Is this thing a satellite? Yes But Only in the aspect of all things orbiting a celestial body are satellites..
16.> Is this thing an unused satellite orbiting in the mid-atmosphere "junk-yard"? No But that would have been a good pick for some really Evil player.. :lol: Like picking the old Telstar or something Good Question!!!!!!
17.> Is this thing an x-ray space observatory? No Very Close though. But it is not X-ray. Be careful there are many. I have given specific hints.
18.> Was this thing put into orbit from a space shuttle? No Perfect Question!
19.> I am going to go with INTEGRAL. No Good Guess though I had to get into the specs to make sure the guess hadnt been disqualified... It hasn't, the only place it might be is on the unique orbit... Technically the orbit on INTEGRAL is Rare but not unique... So still 1 extra guess... Just to annoy and confuse I will go to 22 now... :lol:

Sometimes I Give hints, but this is doable with the questions left. And where is the fun with help?!?!?
Ah I guess 1 hint! The Answers To Questions 9 And 10 Are Accurate But Misleading. There now that Probably Gave it away....

megcak555
Overachiever

Post#2481 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:29 pm

k...I'll ask a question here...

Was this thing put into space by NASA here in the USA?

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#2482 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:09 pm

5.> Is this "thing" somewhere between the sun and the outer reaches of the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter? Yes -> But so is Mercury,Venus,Earth,and Mars..
12.> What I was asking was, is this man made thing located on a moon that orbits a planet? No
14.> Is this thing in a polar orbit around the Earth? No But it is in a Unique orbit itself.....
15.> Is this thing a satellite? Yes But Only in the aspect of all things orbiting a celestial body are satellites..
16.> Is this thing an unused satellite orbiting in the mid-atmosphere "junk-yard"? No But that would have been a good pick for some really Evil player.. :lol: Like picking the old Telstar or something Good Question!!!!!!
17.> Is this thing an x-ray space observatory? No Very Close though. But it is not X-ray. Be careful there are many. I have given specific hints.
19.> I am going to go with INTEGRAL. No Good Guess though I had to get into the specs to make sure the guess hadnt been disqualified... It hasn't, the only place it might be is on the unique orbit... Technically the orbit on INTEGRAL is Rare but not unique... So still 1 extra guess... Just to annoy and confuse I will go to 22 now... :lol:
20.> Was this thing put into space by NASA here in the USA? Yes

Sometimes I Give hints, but this is doable with the questions left. And where is the fun with help?!?!?
Ah I guess 1 hint! The Answers To Questions 9 And 10 Are Accurate But Misleading. There now that Probably Gave it away....

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Post#2483 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:34 am

I had totally discounted Earth trailing satellites as they orbit the sun. On closer examination I discover some earth trailers do orbit the earth as they orbit the sun.

Final answer I hope is Kepler

A rare orbit, is it unique?

Good game Russ. There is a lot of fun with help. (sticking my tongue out at you)

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#2484 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:04 am

20.> Was this thing put into space by NASA here in the USA? Yes
21.> Final answer I hope is Kepler No Sorry I thought the Unique Orbit would give it away... I am dragging this to far out It is the Spitzer It was put into the earth trailing Orbit in 2003 long before the Kepler and is still my favourite. I said I was going to go to 22 but am probably going to be in the Hospital soon I think So sorry. Some one else take this I am sorry I picked something so hard.

megcak555
Overachiever

Post#2485 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:15 am

Hey mate...No need for an apology...We like them tough...I pray you do ok...Let us know when you can on how you're doing...Talk later Russ, take care.

I nominate Grackle to begin one... :D

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Post#2486 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:16 am

Russ, thanks for the game. We are all getting older and I for one want my body to go before my mind. My body is on its way out also. We should count our blessings. Do more than we are supposed to do, fight the good battle and trust the pro's except when it comes to meds. God damned meds.

Damned earth trailing satellites. Harrumph. Spitzer...effin earth trailer

megcak555 Happy to oblige. Give me a moment or hour or two to come up with a game worthy idea.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#2487 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:04 am

They will make a decision on Thurs as to my Hosp stay. The greatest gift my Dad and Mom Gave me was Power. Every One has it. They taught me how to read at a very young age and gave me access to a Huge Dictionary. They said if I come to a word I don't know to look it up! By the time I hit Junior High I had a College Level Vocabulary. Then when the Internet came I was in heaven I will surf for hours learning. The Biggest hint I gave was on this sight long before I started the Game. Look at my Desktop. 20 questions is not just words it is insight into the Person as to what they choose also.

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Post#2488 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:44 am

I am thinking of an object

megcak555
Overachiever

Post#2489 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:38 am

Is this object man-made?

THE GRACKLE