20 Questions game

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

megcak555
Overachiever

Re: 20 Questions game

Post#2491 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:26 pm

Is this object located on planet Earth?

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Post#2492 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:46 pm

I am thinking of an object

1. Is this object man made? Yes
2. Is this object located on planet Earth? Yes, although I am sure types of this object would be found in and on man made things off this planet.
Some people are so fond of ill luck they run halfway to meet it

megcak555
Overachiever

Post#2493 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:03 am

would this object commonly be found in an average household?

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#2494 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:19 pm

Is this object a part of something else?
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Post#2495 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:40 pm

2. Is this object located on planet Earth? Yes
, although I am sure types of this object would be found in and on man made things off this planet.

3. would this object commonly be found in an average household? Yes

4.Is this object a part of something else? No but Yes could be a correct answer as well.
This object is an entity unto itself. To do the job it was designed to do it is put put to use as a part of something else. Usually.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#2496 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:52 am

Is it an Antenna?

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Post#2497 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:00 am

, although I am sure types of this object would be found in and on man made things off this planet.

4. Is this object a part of something else? No but Yes could be a correct answer as well.
This object is an entity unto itself. To do the job it was designed to do it is put put to use as a part of something else. Usually.

5. Is it an Antenna? No

megcak555
Overachiever

Post#2498 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:10 am

Is it an electronic device?

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Post#2499 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:00 am

I am thinking of an object.

4. Is this object a part of something else? No but Yes could be a correct answer as well.
This object is an entity unto itself. To do the job it was designed to do it is put to use as a part of something else. Usually.

5. Is it an Antenna? No

6. Is it an electronic device? No.
it does require electricity to do it's job. Can we call that hint #1 ? Does everything that uses electricity deserve to be called an electronic device? What is an electronic device?

megcak555
Overachiever

Post#2500 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:19 am

Does this object have a circuit board?

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#2501 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:31 pm

Now we are treading in murky water.. A hand drill that plugs in the wall is not electronic but a battery powered is. A regular incandescent Light isn't electronic But in most houses now there are very few of those. I have none.... Every bulb is either compact florescent or led.... They are all Electronic. My toaster isn't but my coffee pot is. My stove is led. My refrigerator and freezer are both electronic with power saving and frost reduction... The same for the washer and dryer. My blow dryer is led also and my shaver and even the kids lighted tooth brushes are electronic.. So as I said this is a murky place.

megcak555
Overachiever

Post#2502 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:45 pm

Russtronic wrote:Now we are treading in murky water.. A hand drill that plugs in the wall is not electronic but a battery powered is. A regular incandescent Light isn't electronic But in most houses now there are very few of those. I have none.... Every bulb is either compact florescent or led.... They are all Electronic. My toaster isn't but my coffee pot is. My stove is led. My refrigerator and freezer are both electronic with power saving and frost reduction... The same for the washer and dryer. My blow dryer is led also and my shaver and even the kids lighted tooth brushes are electronic.. So as I said this is a murky place.

Yeah I too agree as well as disagree, for an electric drill, is one that you would plug into a wall outlet yet, not electronic so, misconceptions are at play here...in lieu of a correct way to word the question we would or maybe just simply need to know if this object is purely mechanical of itself make up/design...whether it requires electricity or not is purely a means, maybe, of it's many uses...not the product of electronics...hmmmm, so the confusion sets in... :o :eek: :eek: :o

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Post#2503 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:00 pm

I am thinking of an object.

This object is an entity unto itself. To do the job it was designed to do it is put to use as a part of something else. Usually.

5. Is it an Antenna? No

6. Is it an electronic device? No.( changed to yes, some are)
it does require electricity to do it's job. Can we call that hint #1 ? Does everything that uses electricity deserve to be called an electronic device? What is an electronic device?

A murky place indeed! What with technology invading traditionally non tech areas. I will have to qualify my no answer to question 6 and say that some if not a large number of these objects would now be classified as an electronic device. Circuit boards are employed in some.

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Post#2504 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:15 pm

Is this object electronic?

Damn you Megcak555 for opening a can of worms. If someone had asked me if a toothbrush was an electronic device my first quick answer would be No as I think most people would agree. But.. as Russ so aptly points out some are electronic devices.

This object I am thinking about has been around for many years, long before the electronic device age. It has morphed into an electronic device that allows it to function more efficiently.

Actually, yours was a good question Megcak.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#2505 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:48 pm

Is this object a tool???

Return to “Games”