I am thinking of an object.
1. Is this object man made? Yes
2. Is this object located on planet Earth? Yes
, although I am sure types of this object would be found in and on man made things off this planet.
3. would this object commonly be found in an average household? Yes
4. Is this object a part of something else? No but Yes could be a correct answer as well.
This object is an entity unto itself. To do the job it was designed to do it is put to use as a part of something else. Usually.
5. Is it an Antenna? No
6. Is it an electronic device? No.( changed to yes, some are)
it does require electricity to do it's job. Can we call that hint #1 ? Does everything that uses electricity deserve to be called an electronic device? What is an electronic device?
7. Is this object a tool??? No
8. Is this object used primarily in the kitchen? No.
I wanted to say more, it is only question 8.
9. Is this object used in the Laundry room frequently? Yes. Probably less often than in the kitchen though.
10. Is it a washboard/washing machine? No
11. So is it a light? Yes Light bulb was what I was looking for.
Was not trying to be coy with the answer to #4. Was the most correct (honest) answer I felt. What would your answer have been? Tough job to answer the questions so no intentional misdirection is given or perceived to have been given. My apologies, no coyness was intended.
A murky place indeed! What with technology invading traditionally non tech areas. I will have to qualify my no answer to question 6 and say that some if not a large number of these objects would now be classified as an electronic device. Circuit boards are employed in some.
Some people are so fond of ill luck they run halfway to meet it