20 Questions game

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

megcak555
Overachiever

Re: 20 Questions game

Post#2506 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:05 pm

THE GRACKLE wrote:Is this object electronic?

Damn you Megcak555 for opening a can of worms. If someone had asked me if a toothbrush was an electronic device my first quick answer would be No as I think most people would agree. But.. as Russ so aptly points out some are electronic devices.

This object I am thinking about has been around for many years, long before the electronic device age. It has morphed into an electronic device that allows it to function more efficiently.

Actually, yours was a good question Megcak.

That's why I enjoy this game...It can go off in many directions and pinpointing it down can get tricky but, like I stated before, I do get a wee bit too deep in thought...that might be my downfall in this game... LoL :lol:

Is this object used primarily in the kitchen?

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Post#2507 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:13 am

I am thinking of an object.

1. Is this object man made? Yes

2. Is this object located on planet Earth? Yes
, although I am sure types of this object would be found in and on man made things off this planet.

3. would this object commonly be found in an average household? Yes

4. Is this object a part of something else? No but Yes could be a correct answer as well.
This object is an entity unto itself. To do the job it was designed to do it is put to use as a part of something else. Usually.

5. Is it an Antenna? No

6. Is it an electronic device? No.( changed to yes, some are)
it does require electricity to do it's job. Can we call that hint #1 ? Does everything that uses electricity deserve to be called an electronic device? What is an electronic device?

7. Is this object a tool??? No

8. Is this object used primarily in the kitchen? No.
I wanted to say more, it is only question 8.

A murky place indeed! What with technology invading traditionally non tech areas. I will have to qualify my no answer to question 6 and say that some if not a large number of these objects would now be classified as an electronic device. Circuit boards are employed in some.
Some people are so fond of ill luck they run halfway to meet it

megcak555
Overachiever

Post#2508 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:02 am

I sort of blew that question...Wanted to ask..."Is it used primarily as a kitchen utensil for food prep?" rather than the way in which I did...That's about as useless as asking if a wall picture is primarily used in the kitchen... (sad)

can I have a do over??

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Post#2509 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:16 am

Nope, it's only question 8 after all. Did not charge you for the circuit board question either.

megcak555
Overachiever

Post#2510 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:25 am

Oh yeah...that's right...damn...totally forgot about that one...Plus the answer of no would render the question I meant to use as null anyways....ok....Now, moving along...Nothing to see here....

Is this object used in the Laundry room frequently?

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Post#2511 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:40 pm

, although I am sure types of this object would be found in and on man made things off this planet.

4. Is this object a part of something else? No but Yes could be a correct answer as well.
This object is an entity unto itself. To do the job it was designed to do it is put to use as a part of something else. Usually.

5. Is it an Antenna? No

it does require electricity to do it's job. Can we call that hint #1 ? Does everything that uses electricity deserve to be called an electronic device? What is an electronic device?

9. Is this object used in the Laundry room frequently? Yes. Probably less often than in the kitchen though.

A murky place indeed! What with technology invading traditionally non tech areas. I will have to qualify my no answer to question 6 and say that some if not a large number of these objects would now be classified as an electronic device. Circuit boards are employed in some.

megcak555
Overachiever

Post#2512 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:48 pm

k...taking a guess here...

Is it a washboard/washing machine?

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Post#2513 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:39 pm

5. Is it an Antenna? No

9. Is this object used in the Laundry room frequently? Yes. Probably less often than in the kitchen though.

10. Is it a washboard/washing machine? No

megcak555
Overachiever

Post#2514 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:54 pm

yeah...I figured as much...after I posted question I realized how STUPID of a guess that was...Especially since I'm pretty damn sure that there are no "off planet" laundry mats...

see question 2.... hehe

stu·pid/ˈst(y)o͞opid/ NOUN
1. Dull in intellect 2. Nonsensical

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Post#2515 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:38 am

Dont beat yourself up to bad. There must be some kind of washer in the space station. Same under wear for 6 months at a time? Has to be a washing machine there. I would hope.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#2516 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:49 am

Ahh but think of the freedom that zero G would supply us that wear none! (laugh)

megcak555
Overachiever

Post#2517 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:41 pm

Russtronic wrote:Ahh but think of the freedom that zero G would supply us that wear none! (laugh)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guess there not going "Commando" rather it's "Astronautical" "eh?? :D :D

Let those thangs hang :lol: :lol:

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Post#2518 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:08 pm

Hmm, zero gravity, dangley bits like that, I am thinking pain, don't bend over as they will smack you in the chin, every time. Ouch!

Back on topic.

Russ made an insightful post a while back. Some might find it casts some light on this murky subject matter.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#2519 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:25 am

At # 4 I almost put light bulb and then again after 6 but wasnt sure I like your coy answer it has a bit of the old misdirection. So is it a light?

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Post#2520 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:36 pm

5. Is it an Antenna? No

10. Is it a washboard/washing machine? No

11. So is it a light? Yes Light bulb was what I was looking for.
Was not trying to be coy with the answer to #4. Was the most correct (honest) answer I felt. What would your answer have been? Tough job to answer the questions so no intentional misdirection is given or perceived to have been given. My apologies, no coyness was intended.

Return to “Games”