Make A Story Game - One Sentence At A Time

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.

Moderators: Omen, Rasa

Topic Author
TrappedInLimbo
Heart on for IceFlims

Make A Story Game - One Sentence At A Time

Post#1 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:28 am

Okay, this is blatantly stolen from god knows how many other forums, but whatever.

The idea is to build a story, one sentence at a time. There are only two simple rules for the game.

1.)Proper writing technique using the English language. If a new paragraph is warranted, start a new paragraph. Use proper punctuation, grammar ect. This does not mean I want the thread to turn into a grammar Nazi base of operations! I will proofread and edit common punctuation and grammar mistakes myself. Do not change any mistakes yourself! Copy, paste and add your sentence! This is to eliminate confusion and fighting. I will be the only person to modify posts when I add a sentence, that way everyone can tell me if I've buggered things and I can fix it, and the story progresses with as few hitches as possible.

2.) While you are free to write anything you want, it has to contribute to the ongoing story without directly altering the previous sentences facts. You can indirectly alter the facts of the previous sentence though. For example, if someone writes 'Bob is walking to the store to get some milk', the next sentence cannot be 'Bob was walking home from the store.', but it could be 'On the way to the store, Bob was attacked by a roving band of transsexual nymphomaniacs, and returned home to put ice on his sore testicles'.

I'm not calling these rules per se, but common sense and/or courtesy. If you don't comply with these your contribution will be ignored. If you don't agree, don't post! You must copy and paste the last post into your current post, and add your sentence to the end of it. The link for page one (where these rules are) should be at the top of every post. Do not cut it out! Off topic banter is not acceptable, except to point out issues involving rule #1. This is to be double quoted at the end of your post, and copied with all future posts until I make the necessary amendments. There are plenty of threads to talk on, so keep this one on topic.

Now let's make a story!
Last edited by TrappedInLimbo on Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

Topic Author
TrappedInLimbo
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: Make A Story - One Sentence At A Time

Post#2 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:30 am

Please go here - forum.icefilms.info/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25776 - to read the rules before posting on this thread. Thanks for keeping this thread on topic!

This is the story you were not expecting to read today, but is likely to be the most important story you, or anyone, will possibly ever read.

Bisc
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#3 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:23 am

It's your game so you should start...

Topic Author
TrappedInLimbo
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#4 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:27 am

Please go here - forum.icefilms.info/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25776 - to read the rules before posting on this thread. Thanks for keeping this thread on topic!

TrappedInLimbo wrote:This is the story you were not expecting to read today, but is likely to be the most important story you, or anyone, will possibly ever read.
Bisc wrote:It's your game so you should start...

I did. ;) Starting again... lol

Topic Author
TrappedInLimbo
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#5 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:32 am

This is the story you were not expecting to read today, but is likely to be the most important story you, or anyone, will possibly ever read.

Bisc
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#6 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:03 am

This is the story you were not expecting to read today, but is likely to be the most important story you, or anyone, will possibly ever read. A story that could have unfolded differently, if only we were willing to see the warning signs.

krawzik
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: Make A Story Game - One Sentence At A Time

Post#7 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:21 am

This is the story you were not expecting to read today, but is likely to be the most important story you, or anyone, will possibly ever read. A story that could have unfolded differently, if only we were willing to see the warning signs. Ah yea, the warning signs.. those events that occur in your surroundings metaphoricaly clarifying your innermost mindstruggles, coming from out of your past whilst taking you into your future choices.

fatgirlstryhard
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#8 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:36 pm

Please go here - viewtopic.php?p=99077#p99077 - to read the rules before posting on this thread. Thanks for keeping this thread on topic!

This is the story you were not expecting to read today, but is likely to be the most important story you, or anyone, will possibly ever read. A story that could have unfolded differently, if only we were willing to see the warning signs. Ah yea, the warning signs.. those events that occur in your surroundings metaphoricaly clarifying your innermost mindstruggles, coming from out of your past whilst taking you into your future choices. I wish i had recognized the quite so obvious first sign, the black cat, which will ultimately lead me to my first and possibly toughest challenge yet.

Starfox
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#9 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:09 pm

Please go here - viewtopic.php?p=99077#p99077 - to read the rules before posting on this thread. Thanks for keeping this thread on topic![/color]

This is the story you were not expecting to read today, but is likely to be the most important story you, or anyone, will possibly ever read. A story that could have unfolded differently, if only we were willing to see the warning signs. Ah yea, the warning signs.. those events that occur in your surroundings metaphoricaly clarifying your innermost mindstruggles, coming from out of your past whilst taking you into your future choices. I wish i had recognized the quite so obvious first sign, the black cat, which will ultimately lead me to my first and possibly toughest challenge yet. To this day I keep asking my self, what could I of done differently?

mad.pratter
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#10 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:46 am

Please go here - viewtopic.php?p=99077#p99077 - to read the rules before posting on this thread. Thanks for keeping this thread on topic!

This is the story you were not expecting to read today, but is likely to be the most important story you, or anyone, will possibly ever read. A story that could have unfolded differently, if only we were willing to see the warning signs. Ah yea, the warning signs.. those events that occur in your surroundings metaphoricaly clarifying your innermost mindstruggles, coming from out of your past whilst taking you into your future choices. I wish i had recognized the quite so obvious first sign, the black cat, which will ultimately lead me to my first and possibly toughest challenge yet. To this day I keep asking my self, what could I of done differently? Well, I could have not put that hollowed out lime on the cat's head for starters, but then I wouldn't have discovered the microchip buried in the cat's claw after it had been surgically removed from my forehead.
Last edited by Nevermore669 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed the color (okay! It bugged me!)
(Thanks for the sig, Kenny :*)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most" ~ Mark Twain.

fatgirlstryhard
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#11 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:40 pm

This is the story you were not expecting to read today, but is likely to be the most important story you, or anyone, will possibly ever read. A story that could have unfolded differently, if only we were willing to see the warning signs. Ah yea, the warning signs.. those events that occur in your surroundings metaphoricaly clarifying your innermost mindstruggles, coming from out of your past whilst taking you into your future choices.

I wish i had recognized the quite so obvious first sign, the black cat, which will ultimately lead me to my first and possibly toughest challenge yet. To this day I keep asking my self, what could I of done differently? Well, I could have not put that hollowed out lime on the cat's head for starters, but then I wouldn't have discovered the microchip buried in the cat's claw after it had been surgically removed from my forehead.

"Why do i know about this mysterious chips", i asked myself facepalming, "Where have i seen this chip before?"

micpuc6
no0b

Post#12 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:54 am

I wish i had recognized the quite so obvious first sign, the black cat, which will ultimately lead me to my first and possibly toughest challenge yet. To this day I keep asking my self, what could I of done differently? Well, I could have not put that hollowed out lime on the cat's head for starters, but then I wouldn't have discovered the microchip buried in the cat's claw after it had been surgically removed from my forehead.

"Why do i know about this mysterious chips", i asked myself facepalming, "Where have i seen this chip before?"

Suddenly, it hit me; I had seen my best friend show me prototypes of those exact microchips.

Bisc
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#13 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:20 am

Suddenly, it hit me; I had seen my best friend show me prototypes of those exact microchips. It was part of a top secret project to implant the chip into everyone's cerebral cortex, so homeland security could harvest our thoughts.
I used to be a lot like you, now I'm only me. - Boysetsfire

fatgirlstryhard
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#14 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:53 am

Suddenly, it hit me; I had seen my best friend show me prototypes of those exact microchips. It was part of a top secret project to implant the chip into everyone's cerebral cortex, so homeland security could harvest our thoughts. But they couldn't predict what was going to happen, how could they?

Bisc
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#15 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:39 am

Suddenly, it hit me; I had seen my best friend show me prototypes of those exact microchips. It was part of a top secret project to implant the chip into everyone's cerebral cortex, so homeland security could harvest our thoughts. But they couldn't predict what was going to happen, how could they? They were so busy trying to catch internet pirates, that they didn't notice, that their organization was infiltrated by a terrorist cell from the Church of Scientology.
I used to be a lot like you, now I'm only me. - Boysetsfire

Return to “Games”