Constant Redirect - iPads are un-usable for IceFilms - Help

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Topic Author
EricG
no0b

Constant Redirect - iPads are un-usable for IceFilms - Help

Post#1 » Thu May 22, 2014 3:15 am

The advertisers (all of them) that IceFilms uses, constantly hijacks iOS browsers by redirecting to another site and also to the AppStore, before the pages even load up. This makes iPads completely un-usable for IceFilms. I realise IceFilms must survive using these advertisers, but considering iPads will be a major portion of ur user traffic in the future, and this issue is and has been stopping almost all of ur iPad traffic from using IceFilms;surely this is detrimental to ur traffic figures, and can only be hindering ur growth in the future. Is there any safeguards that can be put in place to stop these redirects? Even if it was a pop-up page, instead of changing the actual page we are viewing?

Trying to use IceFilms on our iPads feels like fighting agains a virus with no anti-virus. U have to load the page dozens of times, and stop it before pictures load up (if u can even catch it at that point), and hope u catch it after text has loaded up, and b4 any pics have loaded up.

I've tried other browsers, nothing fixes this issue. As of May 2014, there are no free browsers in the AppStore that stop redirects.... Maybe there's an idea for anyone who's into Apps. But that aside, can IceFilm do anything to help?

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Re: Constant Redirect - iPads are un-usable for IceFilms - H

Post#2 » Thu May 22, 2014 4:14 pm

here are a Number of streams on this topic here, I am sure one of them has the answer you are looking for.

Return to “Apple-Mac-Linux”