Will Be New To Linux

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Topic Author
dogwalkman
Average User

Will Be New To Linux

Post#1 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:50 am

I am planning to install Linux Mint next to Windows 7. Have never used this OS before. Is there anything special I should know about running Icefilms with this system that is different from Windows 7 using Chrome or Firefox? I know it's a broad question, but there might be one or two significant things I should know. Thanks.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Re: Will Be New To Linux

Post#2 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:17 pm

Icefilms has nothing to run. The fact you said "running Icefilms" leads me to believe you are referring to some script or add-on. Bear in mind Icefilms does not maintain nor do they endorse any outside developed ware, but clarifying what you are "running" would be a good starting point.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Way
RedTek

Post#3 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:52 pm

No Linux Mint is just the OS the browser will be the same browser. But Linux Mint should come standard with VLC and all codecs needed, but don't quote me on this as I am a Win7 user.
Nothing new or special you need to know have fun.

Topic Author
dogwalkman
Average User

Post#4 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:04 pm

Thank you both. I misspoke, Repdaddy. I didn't mean "run." I see the Firefox browser and VLC both come with Linux Mint. So no difference. Thanks.

Return to “Apple-Mac-Linux”