File Sizes...

Moderators: Way, Russtronic™, Omen, Abe

Topic Author
LordHoban
Nipple Pincher

File Sizes...

Post#1 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:30 pm

I couldn't see anywhere else to leave this, so I went here.

A, wouldn't it be nice if file sizes were listed next to the links (so you don't have to go through multiple screens just to find out the size is insanely large, etc).
B, why are files larger than a gig? Most movies are not worth having to download such large files and they are such a waste of harddrive space. Personally, I don't care if there are larger files, as long as as smaller options exist, but unfortunately, that isn't the case. I'm a longtime fan of icefilms and this has been an issue that has bothered me for quite some time, yet no one else seems to have addressed it... so I'm trying to, myself.

I appreciate access to these movies, and all the work done by contributors. A seems to be one feature that would only serve the users better in choosing what links to click.

Thank you for your time.

Way
RedTek

Re: File Sizes...

Post#2 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:44 pm

yet no one else seems to have addressed it...

Yes it has been talked about.
Yes someone else had that Idea.

No it has not happened nor do I really think it will.

Start at the SD links section pull down the Slider(to the Right) on the links.

The first listed is HD =(Larger File Size) which is not true cause the real factor would be the encode/container/ect?

Next is SD and so forth.

File Size = The encode process / bitrate / FPS / Audio / ect......

Happy Link Hunting 8)

Topic Author
LordHoban
Nipple Pincher

Re: File Sizes...

Post#3 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:21 pm

Thanks for the reply! And yeah, if it were just a matter of getting the SD file,that would be ace... but too often, the SD file ends up being bigger than the HD. But thanks for at least checking this and taking the time to reply.

I didn't see that there was a reply, so hence just now getting around to it. :)

Return to “Win7”