Download sites not working well anymore

Moderators: Way, Russtronic™, Omen, Abe

Topic Author
Kei
no0b

Download sites not working well anymore

Post#1 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:40 am

I been using icefilms for a few years now an had no issues getting anything before the past month or so.

1st one i notice that nearly stopped working is Billionuploads. That used to be my favorite choice it has fastest speeds. over past few month the speeds has declined. over past few weeks im lucky if i can download anything at all without it timing out. now past few days i cant even get a download page to open an most times i get a site maintence error. ? Im in the US im thinking maybe US Isp's might be trying to block there site. Has anyone else been having issues with this download site as well ?

Since Billionuploads has been failing i trying other links , Movreel is ok but sometimes get site not found or page error a few times before it works. Hugefiles i noticed half the links are dead. 180 seems to the next best one rarly have any issues with that one besides lot of older stuff having dead links.

Main reason for this post is im trying to figure out whats up with Billionuploads. If its just my ISP trying to blocking it. or there site is just having issues.
I mostly download the movies dont really stream much so this has nothing to do with browser plugins. Iv tried on multiple browsers Firefox. Chrome, IE .

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Re: Download sites not working well anymore

Post#2 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:53 pm

Kei wrote:1st one i notice that nearly stopped working is Billionuploads. That used to be my favorite choice it has fastest speeds. over past few month the speeds has declined. over past few weeks im lucky if i can download anything at all without it timing out. now past few days i cant even get a download page to open an most times i get a site maintence error. ?

I heard billionup had law suits against them. To what extent it is effecting people in different regions, I have no clue. Your best bet on this one is to contact billionup administration with your concerns.

Kei wrote: Movreel is ok but sometimes get site not found or page error a few times before it works.

Again, this is an issue you need to address with the admin of that site. Movreel works perfectly fine for some and is recently troublesome for others. I am guessing it is server issues, but only Movreel admin can answer that for you.

Kei wrote: Hugefiles i noticed half the links are dead. 180 seems to the next best one rarly have any issues with that one besides lot of older stuff having dead links..

Links die for many reasons. Links expire when they are not hit on, Dmca takedowns, on and on. If you run across dead/missing sources you can request them in the request section.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

NIceFilms
meh

Post#3 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:55 pm

It's NOT YOU!!!
I have seen the same problems with billionuploads: failed downloads that usually [after a few retries in my FF] will get the job done.
180Upload has a different issue: it works all the time, but the first time I enter the captcha it is always "wrong."
In this case, the second time entering any captcha works just fine.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#4 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:55 pm

Have you cleared cookies? Have you run a mal-ware scan? Have you ruled out browser extensions that may be interfering? Have you contacted the administration of the mentioned file-hosts? Myself and the rest of staff (as far as I know, and would likely know) are not experiencing these issues. Neither are the tens of thousands of users that use the site every minute of the day.

If this would be a global issue, I am certain this forum would be flooded with reports of these issues.

That said, this is why we ask for detailed info about your rig and problem. 99.9% of the time the problem lies on the user's end, and the only way to find a solution for the user is to work off the info they provide.

EDIT: It appears billion issues for some could have been caused by server issues. I haven't full clarity on the fiasco, but many links needed re-published due to a server issue on their end. This is a direct (partial) quote from our admin.:"republished 1,167 billionupload links from the 1h 24m their server was having issues."

I guess the billion links you folks were hitting on were added during their server problems. Try them again and let us know if you still have issues.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

babble2fish
meh

Post#5 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:50 pm

I am avoiding downloading from billionuploads. I noticed downloads were failing starting about a week ago. They start, but fail somewhere randomly during the download.

I have asked billionuploads if they are experiencing problems to explain this, but have not received a reply yet.

180uploads hugefiles, moviereel all complete successfully, so it doesn't seem to be on my end.

Russtronic™
The One

Post#6 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:12 am

We are aware of this and doing what we can.

bigt
meh

Post#7 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:26 am

I see the last post to this thread was in September. I can tell you, now in November, that MovReel and Billionuploads are completely useless. And no, it has nothing to do with the user (me). If certain sites no longer work it would be in everyone's best interest to take them off the site. Also, some movies don't have any sources listed at all, so it would be in everyone's interest to either make them available with some source, or delete them from your list all together. I'll be posting requests of movies I find with no sources to see if I get any response. Quite frustrating...

Oh, and Vidhog gets this message: This account has been suspended. Loose it.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#8 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:11 am

Movreel works fine for me with the occasional hiccup. Billion works flawlessly 100% of the time for me. During peak hours there are around 125,000 users of the site every second. And that number keeps growing. If those hosts were problematic for all users, as you suggest, do you not think we would be getting a bit more complaints?

Movie titles in the database without sources will not be removed. Most of the top ten members periodically go through our lists of recently down links and fill them. That is done in between posting hundreds, sometimes well in excess of a thousand links a day. If you have a complaint about links being taken down, take that issue up with the DMCA. If you do e-mail them, please tell them we would all appreciate it if they would stop taking down sources also.

Your sense of entitlement and demanding demeanor has definitely convinced me to provide you no help in the request forum.

kukoman
RedTek

Post#9 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:17 pm

Repdaddy wrote: If this would be a global issue, I am certain this forum would be flooded with reports of these issues..

This so not true, as an link hunter, i can say for sure its something with the host some time, since i to get the eeerrrrrrooooorrrrssss, and i just choose to do the other links, and not not care to report, since most of the time sadly it wont get resolved, man i dont even care to report the new dracula u posted, its so bad, some sources has sync way off, and other has bad lag. you see any in the bad links report, well, try look through it urself and report, not a single source is reported, but all is bad.
w
What happen to my last bad link post ?, nothing.
As one that has helped you for years, im sad you dont recognise me as an source to trust.
When i direct you to a videohost that you can't download from, use a program like jdownloader http://jdownloader.org/download/index?s=lng_en
Else try this addon for firefox, it can download many things also. http://www.downthemall.net/
Also Internet Download Manager does a good job (IDM) http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/

bigt
meh

Post#10 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:42 pm

As an update to my last post, it seems that MovReel and Billionuploads seem to be working at this point. Just and FYI.

trainsho
meh

Post#11 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:06 pm

I don't seem to see these errors except very randomly now I do sign into sites by registering them.... up until today and 360gig seems to be down? cant find any answers in google and still searching here! thanks for all the hard work . and if I may offer my help in link hunting / listing please PM me. thanks trainho

PS maybe this is linked to the UK blocking of sites??? just a thought......................hugs all

Lone Browncoat
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#12 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:36 am

Do you guys direct download or use a manager?

http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/sortname/d ... agers.html

Thank You to Russtronic™ for my sig!

Return to “Win7”