Download stops after a while

Moderators: Way, Russtronic™, Omen, Abe

Topic Author
jenci
no0b

Download stops after a while

Post#1 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:01 am

Hi Guys, recently I am experiencing this problem. When I try to download a film it stops after a while and showing "failed" when I press retry it starts do download again but after a while it stops again and showing "failed" and so on until I get fed up. I am using windows 7, fire fox, avast antivirus, sky broadband. Sometimes I get lucky and can download a film. I have tried chrome too starts download and after a while it stops and shows "Unknown network error" and can't resume the download as in fire fox. With Explorer same thing download starts stops after a while and shows "Download was interrupted" but I can resume the download as with fire fox but it stops again after a while and so on. I don't know what to do or if anyone else is experiencing this problem. I would appreciate if someone could help me. I have been using ice films for many years with no/minor problems which have been always resolved. I am using billion uploads and 180 upload for downloading. Thank you

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Re: Download stops after a while

Post#2 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:10 am

Try resetting your winsock. In command prompt, type "netsh winsock reset" and enter. You will have to reboot.

No luck.... See if you can get the download to complete in safe mode with networking. If you have no issues in safe mode with networking, it is likely a program you have installed is blocking you.

Also, do you have any download accelerator installed?(do not install one, I just wanna know)
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

JonH
no0b

Post#3 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:28 pm

I've been having exactly the same problem for about a week now. Everything I try to download fails. I've been using Icefilms for years and have never had this problem. Nothing has changed with my pc.....no new hardware or software.

Topic Author
jenci
no0b

Post#4 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:49 am

Hi Repdaddy,
I have tried the winsock reset, it did not work it was asking me to run as an administrator eve though I am the administrator.
Also I have tried the safe mode, and same thing happened... download failed after a while and I have no accelerator installed.
Do you have any other solutions? Thank you.

Russtronic™
The One

Post#5 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:45 am

Are you using a cookie remover? I would try Better Privacy. Install this and remove all LSO's, then try and let us know how it goes.

Topic Author
jenci
no0b

Post#6 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:41 am

Hi The One/Guys,
I have tried the cookie remover as well.. did not help but thank you for the suggestion anyway is there anything else I can try?

Russtronic™
The One

Post#7 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:44 am

You dont have a "Static" IP do you?

Topic Author
jenci
no0b

Post#8 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:32 am

don't know, how do I find out? I don't think I have
Looks like I have a dynamic ip address

Russtronic™
The One

Post#9 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:15 pm

Hmmm it still sounds like you are being throttled. I had a friend in Texas with a small IPS that was throttling large downloads. Till they got in sideways with Netflix and found out that they really were breaking the law, like she had bee telling them all along.

Return to “Win7”