No divx button?

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Topic Author
grss429
Sex Robot

No divx button?

Post#1 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:18 pm

i havent had any issues till today, i click on a host and all I see is flash icon no divx button

Way
RedTek

Re: No divx button?

Post#2 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:14 pm

Technical Assistance/Technical Issues/Main Site Issues/Bad Links
To use this Forum we ask that you fill your help request out in this way.
To Start---> Please Read
1. Choose Sub Forum Pertaining To You.
2. We need your Browser Type; Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE...
3. We need your Player Type VLC/Divx/ect.
4. We need a description of the problem.
5. Please put the Icefilms URL of the Listing Page & Source Number In Message Body When Reporting Links. EXAMPLE

grss429 it could be a lot of things hard to say with the given info...

Topic Author
grss429
Sex Robot

Post#3 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:57 pm

Sorry, I was super tired.. and was going to wait to post but heres some info.

Chrome
Divx
No divx button

also getting a lot of redirects to "important security message" and stuff about virus's

I don't have any virus, It only does it on icefilms when I'm clicking on source. and as well I dont have any divx buttons..

I did download the latest divx update

Way
RedTek

Post#4 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:35 pm

There is a banner on the main page about it
viewtopic.php?%20%20f=137&t=106919

Not sure if you still can turn it back on or not at this time.

You may have to use VLC or Flash
Change to firefox
Download and play as downloading there are Tut's in the form or just download
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13460

Copy the direct download link to the Stand Alone Divx player for streaming I've explained this several times in other posts.
You can also do this with VLC/KmPlayer/Zoomplayer/ect

viewtopic.php?f=143&t=106911&p=256261&hilit=stream+with+zoomplayer#p256261

As far as the pop up pages it's just Ad's close em out nothing to worry about.

Topic Author
grss429
Sex Robot

Post#5 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:32 pm

I dont see a option for enable npapi

also these popups just randomly started... I HAVE ADBLOCK why am i getting theses popups about virus on every source i click on

also your vlc steps pictures are broken :/

Way
RedTek

Post#6 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:39 pm

After reading the info I passed along to you this was real easy to understand
September 2015
In September 2015 (Chrome 45) we will remove the override and NPAPI support will be permanently removed from Chrome. Installed extensions that require NPAPI plugins will no longer be able to load those plugins.
Divx Web Player ...... IE that blue button.... should now be red ...That's Flash and I just tested and it looks really nice to me it's came a long way baby..
https://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org ... tion?pli=1

If you don't have a Red Button>flash then IDK chrome is not my tool..FF is and I know you could turn it off at one point in FF?
Happy reading maybe you can find a better solution than me.

Topic Author
grss429
Sex Robot

Post#7 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:34 pm

cvan you update your vlc pictures? they aren't working I guess i'll start using vlc as long as i can make it work correctly

the big problem is if i let it sit paused for a bit it will close the video.. i have to restart it.. also buffering issues

Way
RedTek

Post#8 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:16 pm

Change VLC settings like is advised in that post I did years ago.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=68515

Pause Issue Fix:
VLC -> tools -> preferences -> show settings: all -> input/codecs -> access modules -> HTTP(S) -> Auto re-connect ->Save after each change

Start/Stop buffering fix:
VLC -> tools -> preferences -> show settings: all -> input/codecs -> scroll down to the bottom -> Network Caching (ms) -> Change value between 1000 ms - 60,000 ms

Note: 5000 ms is optimal but you will have to figure out which value works for you

Or Watch while downloading through VLC:
step 1- start the download you want
step 2- locate that file on your computer as it is downloading
step 3- open the incomplete file in VLC
If it's a .avi and I think .divx you may be asked something about repairing the file
make sure to click Do Not Repair
This is old info and it may have changed some I don't use VLC anymore.

For FireFox it is call a .part for Chrome it is .crdownload these files will be in the same folder location you downloaded to I.E. downloads folder/desktop/ect.
If you don't see the file extension just pick the one that is getting larger in size you can see this when you hover over the files in the dialog box. Or you can change your folder options to show the file extensions.
To show or hide file extensions
Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.
Click the View tab, and then, under Advanced settings, do one of the following:
To show file name extensions, clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box, and then click OK.
To hide file name extensions, select the Hide extensions for known file types check box, and then click OK.

Now another means to stream is to.
Install the player of your choice that can stream/open a direct download url link
These I know will do this Divx player (VLC ZOOMplayer Kmplayer)

1 Open Divx player (VLC ZOOMplayer Kmplayer)
2 Click File> Open URL
3 Paste Direct Link to the file click OK

(The advantage to using Divx,Zoomplayer,or Kmplayer is they all will catch to disk unlike VLC which doesn't this means you can pause the stream and let it buffer up for a few minutes to prevent the buffering problem on slow downloads. VLC will not do this you can only change the buffer time to a small amount milliseconds not minutes this is what causes the buffer issue when streaming with a slow download. For fast download speed this won't be a problem using VLC.)

How to find the Direct URL to the file (this is not the page URL)

Hover over the Download button on the IQS player right click copy link << this is the direct link to the file
It will look like for example for this file- Vikings S03E09 720P (180 Host)

Code: Select all

http://192.96.204.200:8080/d/jgh2gw2ypqikmrscjqeggteopgedeeasbysvan26ivxavgm35cc44epb/Vikings.S03E09.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mkv

When you Hover over the Download button it will show up in the bottom corner of your browser it will look like that. Just right click copy that link.

If you don't have IQS some host providers will still show the direct link by Hovering over the download on their page AFTER you un-tick the BS Box ... But some hosts hide the direct download link behind a java script which you can still get the link, but to keep things simple I'm not going to get into that.

The above is posted here
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=106911&p=256261&hilit=open+the+direct+download+in+zoomplayer#p256261
and here
viewtopic.php?f=162&t=106901&p=256142&hilit=open+the+direct+download+in+zoomplayer#p256142

Hopefully one of these methods will work if not you could just simply install FireFox and use the Divx web player like you have always done.

This is all the info I have on this subject, and Is based on Windows OS.
Way,

Wall-E
Insomniac

Post#9 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:37 am

Bumping this.

Since Firefox 52, all plugin support except Flash has been dropped (see Plug-in support has been dropped other than Flash for more details). Flash usage is also set to be phased out in the future.

now the "flash icon" appear, but I guess that will be over and done for soon as well.

Only way is to change browser ?
Or do any one got a solution for this predicament ?

Return to “Win7”