Topic Author
quarkman
no0b

403 Forbidden

Post#1 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:23 am

Hello,
I am currently getting the following message when I try to load IceFilms:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

This is not on Windows, technically it is on Linux(CentOS), but you do not have a section for that, and it is my webserver and PHP doing the loading, so still not technically a Linux problem. Anyway, I had created a script that ties in with Tasker on my Android phone to notify me when certain shows were newly released. It loads the IceFilms homepage once every 30 minutes during the day, at night it does not run. It saves the list of New Releases to a txt file and compares that with the text file it last saved. If there is anything new added that I want to know about Tasker will create a notification on my phone which in turn creates a notification on my Pebble Smartwatch. While it worked it was awesome! Not having to manually load Icefilms every 5 minutes to see if Game of Thrones was up yet saved me a lot of time. However now it does not work, and hasn't been working for about a month. Would it be possible for a site admin to check and see if my server's IP address has been blocked(IP address is 69.162.72.242)? Or maybe you guys have implemented a new policy regarding automatic page loads? I would appreciate any sort of information about this as I can't see what harm I would have done that warranted being blocked.

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Re: 403 Forbidden

Post#2 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:16 pm

Yes we have recently blocked ranges of server IPs due to abuse.
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

Topic Author
quarkman
no0b

Post#3 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:20 pm

So is my case considered abuse? I wouldn't have thought so since the script would load the page less frequently than I imagine some users do. Why would it be considered abuse?

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#4 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:25 pm

no, it does not sound like you are one of the abusers, however we are disinclined to make exceptions. It is our position that other web servers are bad and we feel safer blocking their ip ranges.

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

Topic Author
quarkman
no0b

Post#5 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:37 am

Ok thank you for the replies. I think I will try doing something from my local computer then.

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#6 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:46 pm

What are the odds that we could get that system running on the icefilms server for everyone to use? ...if it's possible with an email address or something, maybe some people would find it useful. Of course we'd also need an "unsubscribe" button. The work to implement is discouraging. Still... maybe. Care to paste me your code?

Return to “Win7”