Screen tearing with HDMI

Moderators: Way, Russtronic™, Omen, Abe

Topic Author
Miketomo06
no0b

Screen tearing with HDMI

Post#1 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:24 pm

Hey internet

I have recently bought myself a new laptop (MSI Dominator 660) and a HDMI cable so that I can enjoy this beautiful website properly. However, when using icefilms I have noticed screen tearing in almost every film/tv show i have seen. I have tried streaming it on vlc aswell as the divx web player, but nothing if improving. Everything is up to date in terms of drivers and software.

I have also used the Nvidia control panel to have V sync turned on.

Your help would be so amazing.

Way
RedTek

Re: Screen tearing with HDMI

Post#2 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:44 am

Ok I will take a stab at this one.

I also had this same problem tho I don't remember what I did to fix it (it was long ago-months), but I did fix it. Best I can remember it was to do with the resolution-refresh rate< pretty sure this setting was wrong on my setup. So check refresh rate.
So I would check theses settings first to see if they are correct.

Next thing to try would be windows aero I seem to remember trying this also. Turn on/off test. I'm am almost positive this was the problem, but check your refresh rate also.

Like I said it was a while ago for me.

But I have moved on from VLC/Divx players and I now use ZOOM PLAYER.
http://www.inmatrix.com/files/zoomplayer_download.shtml

It is not integrated in the IQS script, but I download everything then watch. It will however stream from a direct link so there is a way. But I'm not going to get into that for now. I may take the time later to do a tutorial on how to later when I have time.

I hope you get it sorted out. I can't stand the dreaded screen tearing, and I will keep an eye on this post. Please post back if and when you get it fixed so others will know what worked for you.

I bet it is windows aero causing it ;)

fewolfhunter
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#3 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:51 pm

I have also heard of this and it seems to me that drivers were out of date.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#4 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:54 pm

fewolfhunter wrote:I have also heard of this and it seems to me that drivers were out of date.

He mentioned that drivers were up to date. Maybe try updating the firmware on your set. Could be as simple as selecting preferred display option. It's gonna be hit or miss, or a lenghty trouble-shoot.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Return to “Win8”