Wrong IP

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Topic Author
RiotBoi
Heart on for IceFlims

Wrong IP

Post#1 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:19 pm

Been searching online for the problem of when you click to get the download link from the various file sharing websites linked by icefilms you receive a "Wrong IP" message in the top left corner of the browser. Not much luck except I did find one page, as I think was suggested somewhere in these forums it might be the...VPN? I think that's right. So I decided to try cyberghost. For some reason i can't access their website, but I was able to find a version on cnet. The program checks automatically if it needs to be updated. For those who do not know, it masks your IP address. I do not know why this works, but it does. So if you're having this problem you might try cyberghost. And if the mods think its a bad application and there are better ones please say so. Or if this is a bad idea all around.

Topic Author
RiotBoi
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: Wrong IP

Post#2 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:30 pm

Since I can't get to the cyberghost website I thought I'd ask here. If you turn off cyberghost while you're still downloading will the download stop? be corrupted? etc

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#3 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:53 pm

I have used DoNotTrackMe as a FF add-on for years. The cyberghost didn't make it thru the last FF updates.

Topic Author
RiotBoi
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#4 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:00 pm

I've been using DoNotTrackMe too. Free version, dunno if a paid version is better?

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#5 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:21 pm

I use the free version. Oh and any Google attachments will mess you up. In PC, and Android. I had to KILL Google + to get Ice on my Android Tablet.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#6 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:43 pm

Try renewing your ip address. Is your computer using a static ip address? If so, change it. Before all that, simply try resetting your router.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
RiotBoi
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#7 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:33 am

Repdaddy wrote:Try renewing your ip address. Is your computer using a static ip address? If so, change it. Before all that, simply try resetting your router.

No router, mobile hot spot. Yeah already tried release and then renew. Did not work. At least I found that work around.

Topic Author
RiotBoi
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#8 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:00 am

Another possible solution. Windows just updated and I restarted my computer and the updated processed so I do not know if that fixed the particular problem, BUT I might have another solution.

If you use firefox you could try this:

Top right of firefox click the button with three lines.
Click the question mark at the bottom right of the menu that is now displayed.
Now click Restart with ad-ons disabled and then click reset.

This has allowed me to start the download, it fails, but maybe it might work for you.

Return to “Win8”