DirectShow Decoder

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Topic Author
Lotuseater
Average User

DirectShow Decoder

Post#1 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:40 pm

Hi,

If this issue has already been addressed in this forum, or another, please forgive me & direct me to the proper forum. I've been searching the issue but so far have come up empty handed?

I recently switched to a new computer & of course, nothing works like it used to on the old one.

I have Win 8.1 installed & use the latest version of Chrome (40.0.2214.115 m)

The issue is whenever I try to stream a movie on the site, in this case .mkv in the DivX webplayer (v.HD 5.1), I am unable to hear the audio & get this mssg " This file contains a track in an unknown format. You may need to install a DirectShow decoder for this audio format to hear the soundtrack of this file."

I have searched the issue online as well and have not found a resolution that actually works. I do have AC3 filter installed as as well as the Div X converter software.

Does anyone know what it is I need to install to get the audio to play?

Thank you in advance!!
Lotuseater

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Re: DirectShow Decoder

Post#2 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:39 pm

Is this a fresh computer, or bought previously used? Check to see what other codecs are installed. Too many is worse than not enough. Confusing but true. Wipe 'em all and start with an older version of ac3pack. No worky? Try the next v, and so on.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
Lotuseater
Average User

Post#3 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:05 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply & suggestions. Yes, it is a new pc, about 3 wks new, so nothing much on it, yet. As far as anything installed that are video related would be AC3 (file 0.6b), DivX (2.7.0.31), VLC (2.1.5), and Acer Video Player (1.00.2005.0).

Earlier, I downloaded GPL MPEG 1/2 Directshow Decoder, which stated on several sites that it would specifically resolve this issue, but it didn't so, I uninstalled it.

Got any other ideas?

(think)
Lotuseater

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#4 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:36 am

The audio issue is only with mkv and DivX player while streaming? Download and play in other players is fine?
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Way
RedTek

Post#5 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:00 pm

Return to “Win8”