Site Permissions Issue

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Way
RedTek

Re: Site Permissions Issue

Post#16 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:47 pm

First thing---Ctrl+F5 will cause the browser to throw out the cache and request a new from the server try this first, or you can delete the cache by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Del, then check only the cached images and files then at the top drop down go to beginning of time

Permissions issues was fixed weeks ago, ect you may have cached during that time. Incognito does not save for that session, but has nothing to do with what you have cached before so you will have to clean your browser from time to time incognito is not a fix nor I would say a good way to test.

Then next would be to disable extensions. One at a time

It may be if you use it a adblock filter may be the cause. Test with this off

If may be AVS blocking test with AVS off

It may be your browser settings. Look under settings load images settings.

It may be malware ect. Scan

I haven't seen a large flood of users with this issue so it is not the server settings IE your end.
We have 214792 guests and 2 members online This from the main site at time of this post. So if it was global server side this forum would be blowing up ;)
Try going through this list and if something doesn't fix it then I will think on it some more.

You have had three Staff Members helping from the start so don't do this
Are you an admin?
thing or get upset with us. We are trying to help you fix your problem.

Topic Author
DPyro
Average User

Post#17 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:46 pm

Sorry but I'm not a noob (I'm actually a certified technician). I already flushed the cache, reset router, flushed dns (ipconfig /flushdns), tested it in multiple browsers on multiple devices and still have the issue. If you visit the site through https://kproxy.com/ or another VPN/proxy you can see what I mean as the images don't show. The only image that actually shows is http://www.icefilms.info/images/staroff.png

This is most likely a problem with cloudflare/dns cache.

EDIT: Going through several VPNs using SoftEther VPN sometime's I can get the images to display:

Do work:
http://www.icefilms.info/images/starlist.png
http://www.icefilms.info/images/logosmall.png
http://www.icefilms.info/images/search.png

Still don't work:
http://www.icefilms.info/images/imdblogo.jpg
http://www.icefilms.info/images/trailer.png

Way
RedTek

Post#18 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:07 pm

Oh well your the expert and don't want to try any suggestions. I guess you will figure it out in time. Maybe if others want to try and help they will I'm out of this topic.

Way out.

Topic Author
DPyro
Average User

Post#19 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:16 pm

Way wrote:Oh well your the expert and don't want to try any suggestions. I guess you will figure it out in time. Maybe if others want to try and help they will I'm out of this topic.

Way out.

Proof it's not just my cache. Which like I've been saying, I already did everything you suggested before posting here.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#20 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:01 pm

The thing is we have had no other complaints. As the last Cloud Servers updated from the Host switch all seemed cleared. We were having this problem 3 weeks ago but it has been fixed for the rest of the world as far as we knew. We have staff all over the World.. From Florida to California, From Australia to Poland, From Switzerland to Taiwan.. OK now we know it is a Cloud problem. I will pass this up the chain.

__ERR0R__
RedTek

Post#21 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:38 pm

Winsock Reset in Windows 8

1. Move the mouse to the upper right-hand corner of the screen to make the vertical menu bar appear. Click Search.

2. Type “cmd” in the search bar and hit the Enter key on your keyboard.

3. Right-click on cmd in the search results for Programs, and select Run as administrator. Depending on your computer settings, you may be asked to provide an administrator password before you can continue.

4. A black box with a flashing cursor will open; this is the Command Prompt. Type “netsh winsock reset” and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.

5. Wait for the Command Prompt to run through the reset. Once it’s complete, you’ll see the message “Winsock reset completed successfully”.

6. Restart your computer to finish.
Way's partner in crime.

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#22 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:49 pm

DPyro wrote:
Way wrote:Oh well your the expert and don't want to try any suggestions. I guess you will figure it out in time. Maybe if others want to try and help they will I'm out of this topic.

Way out.

Proof it's not just my cache. Which like I've been saying, I already did everything you suggested before posting here.

if you "ping icefilms.info" when you are connected to a VPN where images load and then again when you are not connected to a VPN and images are not loading, Is the IP address of icefilms.info the same or different?

Edit: I've just purged the cloudflare cache. It should have everything cashed again in 3 hours. We will see how you're doing at that time.
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

Topic Author
DPyro
Average User

Post#23 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:08 am

Abe wrote:if you "ping icefilms.info" when you are connected to a VPN where images load and then again when you are not connected to a VPN and images are not loading, Is the IP address of icefilms.info the same or different?

Edit: I've just purged the cloudflare cache. It should have everything cashed again in 3 hours. We will see how you're doing at that time.

IP resolves to 104.28.2.119 without VPN
IP resolves to 104.28.3.119 through VPN

EDIT: Setting the IP to 104.28.3.119 in the hosts file doesn't fix anything.
EDIT2: It seems it doesn't matter if I go through VPN. IP changes between the two.

Please double check this. It also could be security settings in cloudflare.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#24 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:30 pm

The problem only seems on your end, @t any one time there are at least 25,000 people connected and you are the only one that is complaining. We are trying to help you.

Topic Author
DPyro
Average User

Post#25 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:44 pm

Understandable but I've already tried everything on my end. I have no other ideas except security settings in cloudflare are too high.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#26 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:06 pm

Well the down time from attacks is down to 0.2% since we went to the cloud.

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#27 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:34 pm

Are the images loading for you on icedivx.com? You should see 2 play buttons and a download button (not empty gray spaces where the buttons used to be).

(maybe a month or 2 ago) icedivx.com is where we first started to see the images failing to load with HTTP 403 forbidden... this was experienced by everyone. The issue did eventually make its way over to a few images on icefilms.info. We discovered the problem was with an apache mod_rewrite line which we resolved. And after refreshing the cloudflare cache, all was well.

I ran the list of IPs you've used on this forum through the error logs and found no errors logged for you. Errors filled the log when this happened last time. So idk... you said it does this to you on your tablet too... and on some vpns but not others... maybe there is some other server between you and cloudflare caching images? Nothing else is coming to mind.
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

Melting Point
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#28 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:06 am

I don't know if this is related, but CloudFlare just started acting up again for me a few hours ago when using Tor: It gives me easy to solve captchas, but doesn't accept my answers and redisplays a new challenge again and again. This is happening with both the regular URL as well as the IPv6 site. I've tried this on two separate machines, including one with a first-time installation of Tor, yet I'm getting the same problem on both machines. All was fine until few hours ago (I was able to connect once about an hour ago, but then it started failing again).

Here's an example of one captcha I got that should have been easy to solve (yet my attempt failed):

I'm not sure if this is a setting the admins can adjust, or if CloudFlare is simply having a brainfart, but hopefully this will be resolved soon.

To the statement that if others had the problem, there would be more complaints - if you can't get on to the mainsite, you probably can't get on to the forum to complain. I'm currently not using Tor, simply so I can get through to post this message.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#29 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:43 am

The problem is that your IP wont resolve with TOR. The only reason I used TOR in the past was with Torrents. That stopped 4 or 5 yrs ago.. Using it in the States is like putting up a sign saying.........
>>>>>Come and get me!!<<<<<

Melting Point
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#30 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:35 am

I don't want to get into a(nother) discussion about the reasons to use or not to use Tor.

However, if CloudFlare is putting up a test to prove that the connection using Tor (or other methods of maintaining privacy) is not a bot, then at least let the test be valid, or simply say 'You're not welcome here' (or something to that effect).

As it is now (and as I said, this new problem just started late this evening), captchas are being presented that are solvable, but the solutions aren't being accepted. So either this is a CloudFlare glitch, or somehow the settings are screwed up. If the former, then all I can do is wait and hope it gets fixed on its own. If the latter, then I'm asking someone to look at the settings to make sure they're correct.

Return to “Win8”