VLC Temp file

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Topic Author
pacman
Average User

VLC Temp file

Post#1 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:52 am

Okay, I know it's a whole thread talking about how to stream ice through vlc. But, when I click play vlc, it downloads a temp file. What do I do with that temp file that's downloaded. I know how to stream it by clicking play on divx, going to the cache, & opening the part file with vlc. But just curious as to what to do with downloaded temp file.

Thanks so much for help :) :) :)

Way
RedTek

Re: VLC Temp file

Post#2 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:38 am

I'm not really following your question I think, and I don't use Chrome anymore nor Win8.
Ok here it goes, and I may have to reinstall Chrome and will now to check.

But you can either set windows to open the .temp file type with Vlc? I will have to wait for my son to get out of school to ask him (he uses Win8) , or someone else on the forum can confirm this.

But back when I did use Chrome it would show at the bottom download bar the download you could click that or go to the download folder and click it open with Vlc.

I will reinstall chrome again to see if any of the updates have changed the functions of Chrome, and see how to do it in Win7. I will post back in a bit.

Way
RedTek

Re: VLC Temp file

Post#3 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:05 am

OK I reinstalled Chrome keep in mind I'm using Win7

The download shows in the bottom bar for me I simply click on it and Vlc opens and plays the file.
This is when you installed Vlc it you left the default file type associations alone. You should be good to go if not then set it that way when windows prompts you.
You can click the small arrow beside the download and select always open this file type, then you won't have to even click on it. It will just open and play. If you want to make a play list of several episodes or just download it for later viewing then don't set always open.
Now I will recommend cleaning/deleting your download folder of all these downloaded files from time to time as there will be files downloaded to your set location.

Return to “Win8”