Can't skip forward in VLC without it glitching

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Topic Author
pacman
Average User

Can't skip forward in VLC without it glitching

Post#1 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:44 am

Finally figured out how to play movies properly in VLC, now another problem arose. I can't seem to skip forward from where I left off without the player glitching. Please help, because it played beautifully until this arose.

Way
RedTek

Re: Can't skip forward in VLC without it glitching

Post#2 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:09 am

Have you changed the VLC settings? I think it is only 4 if I remember correctly
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=68515
And that Tutorial is old but should still be the same I'll try and update it when I get time.

Topic Author
pacman
Average User

Post#3 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:37 pm

Seems like this is only for the movie file I'm trying to watch. Tested it with another file, & it works fine, so seems to be a corrupted file

Way
RedTek

Post#4 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:53 pm

No it means your first try was a slower connection. Maybe a different server, and this server was closer to you thus less distance to reach you thus Faster.

Pls refer back the link I provided you and read my second post that is on Streaming you may learn something ;)

File is good sir I call user Error/slow connection this time.

Have a Blessed Day
Waytastic (rock)

Topic Author
pacman
Average User

Post#5 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:34 am

Yeah I had previously changed my VLC settings to that link already. That file I mentioned earlier, still acted up, but other files worked perfectly fine, & it would not only skip forward, but sometimes say it was a corrupted file after a few tries. So, I still believe it was just a bad file, host, etc.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#6 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:53 am

Can you give us the page url and source #?
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
pacman
Average User

Post#7 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:23 am

Now I've added two more links (mistakenly didn't label them HD), & I'm having the same problem with those two links as the previously one, for the same film. Now I'm confused, but here is the link
http://www.icefilms.info/ip.php?v=217014&
Source #1
Source #2
Source #3

Help greatly appreciated for this film, again tested other films, & skipping forward works fine.
Thanks again
Last edited by Repdaddy on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed uncoded links

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#8 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:06 pm

I checked. The files are fine. Like way said, it is a player or stream issue. I see these are the only three sources you have added to the mainsite, and you obviously have had trouble doing so. When did you get access to mainsite, and were you given tutorial?

edit:moved sources.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
pacman
Average User

Post#9 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:31 pm

I've been member of mainsite for about 7 years now, I've added numerous videos to mainsite. Yes, I have my VLC settings as it does on the tutorial, & I have realized Way was right, it seems to be a stream host issue. Tested it with others, had the same problem, tried different host, & it was fine.

Return to “Win8”