my scroll buttons won't...

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Topic Author
etim
meh

my scroll buttons won't...

Post#1 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:54 pm

my scroll buttons won't scroll down/up anymore on the main page. Same with the space bar. All they do now is return the page to the top and activate the search box!
I'm using FFox 22, Win XP sp3. I can't deactivate it by clicking on the page either, like it used to do. Num lock/scroll lock are both off, as they normally are.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Re: my scroll buttons won't...

Post#2 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:39 pm

Clear your Cache and Cookies...

Topic Author
etim
meh

Post#3 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:00 pm

Huh! Clearing the cache worked! I never woulda thought that would screw with my scroll buttons, though.
Thanks, AbeZ!

Topic Author
etim
meh

Post#4 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:32 pm

Well, SHIT!! The page was working for a while but the same problem started up again! AAAARGGH!!

Making sure cookies and cache were clear, restarting FF didn't help. This isn't happening on other sites that have search boxes.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#5 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:59 pm

I had a similar Problem with the search I just disabled it and have no problem since. It is the Search Addon with the new FF. Disable the FF search in the Tools and let me know if it works..

Topic Author
etim
meh

Post#6 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:31 pm

I don't have any "search" addons --looked in the addons and options sections both. I updated FF several days ago and this bug just appeared today.

There's been some other little glitches in the new FF so I have been suspicious of it since. BUT this bug is ONLY involving Ice's site--all my other similar sites work fine.

I've been enjoying Ice for 3-4 years (several times a day) and this hasn't popped up before. It's just a minor thing but this is the kinda shit that drives me nuts.

I tried restarting FF in its "addons off" mode --no help there.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#7 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:11 pm

Because Ice is interactive. Go to >Tool>Advanced>General> Un-check Search For Text

Topic Author
etim
meh

Post#8 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:20 pm

Mine's always been unchecked. Still is.
I'll try turning it on/off...nope. That (with restart, too) didn't help.

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#9 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:05 pm

Is your Java up to date? Is this scrolling issue keyboard related only? Is your lock key engaged (wasntme) ?
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
etim
meh

Post#10 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:18 pm

All additions are UTD. As I said, locks are (still) off. And remember, restarting FF in "restart with addons off" didn't help. Hmmmm...

Maybe it's not me?
It's only happening on Ice.

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#11 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:51 pm

Java is not an extension, it is a plugin. Make sure it is up to date. If up to date, do you get the same results in safe mode?
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#12 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:34 pm

Ok. This is a known issue. It does apparently have to do with Java. Admins are working on the fix. Report back when things are good for you so we know the issue is resolved (cool)

download_dude
no0b

Post#13 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:20 pm

Java bug appears to be fixed. Thanks!

Topic Author
etim
meh

Post#14 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:58 pm

Hey! It works again! Thanks y'all-- just wish I hadn't trashed all those passwords thinking it was me and not you.
And fuck whoever told me to reset my cookies--I fall for that every time. now I'm re-loggimg all over the place,
Last edited by etim on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

download_dude
no0b

Post#15 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:10 pm

etim wrote:Hey! It works again! Thanks y'all-- just wish I hadn't trashed all those passwords thinking it was me and not you.

Reinstalled Firefox? You might be able to get them back if you didn't delete your profile (or if you have a system backup of it):

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ba ... x-profiles

Return to “XP”