VLC player has buffering problems when playing HD

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Topic Author
rodentraiser
Heart on for IceFlims

VLC player has buffering problems when playing HD

Post#1 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:48 pm

Am I in the right place here? Hopefully so.

Anyway, my VLC player has always played HD with no problem, even though I rarely download HD shows. But recently, a bunch were only offered in HD. I noticed for the first time that my VLC player couldn't seem to play HD. The shows start and stop, like they're having a hard time buffering or something. Now that I think about it, it seems to have started the last time I updated VLC.

What I was wondering is if there is a setting that is causing this. One that I can change, that is.

Anyway, I am using Firefox version 29 (the new versions mess with my icon buttons, so I haven't upgraded) and my VLC player is up to date, as are all my other programs. I have run the antivirus recently (Avast and Malwarebytes) because I do that on a regular basis. I have CCleaner and have run that.

Can anyone help? Thank you in advance! and a million blessings on...well, whatever you value (I was going to say whatever anyone is growing, but I thought that might be taken as insulting). (laugh)

kukoman
RedTek

Re: VLC player has buffering problems when playing HD

Post#2 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:45 am

Well i dunno if you have set the settings in VLC to buffer more than standard? else give it a try, goto settings, then click all settings, then click input/output codec, and in right side under advanced section, change buffer for network from 1000 to something like 30000, it works for me.
When i direct you to a videohost that you can't download from, use a program like jdownloader http://jdownloader.org/download/index?s=lng_en
Else try this addon for firefox, it can download many things also. http://www.downthemall.net/
Also Internet Download Manager does a good job (IDM) http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/

Topic Author
rodentraiser
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#3 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:21 pm

Wow. Well, I had to look up how to even find the settings (it's been that long) and when I did, there is no buffer for network. Trust me, I opened up everything there and the closed thing I could find under Stream was buffer sizem which was set at 30. It was in seconds, so I changed that to 2 minutes. So I don't know if htat's what I was supposed to change, but I can download an HD show and try it.

Thanks!

Topic Author
rodentraiser
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#4 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:28 pm

OK, that didn't help. There is a network caching in advanced under input/output codec, and that is already set at 60,000. Soooo, I'm back to square 1, I guess. Thanks for the advice though!

Return to “XP”