Absolutly Unusable

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Topic Author
asdads1231
no0b

Absolutly Unusable

Post#1 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:01 pm

I recently tried to use Icefilms on a Android tablet. Much to my dismay, the site was less than useless, serving only to open Google Play on terrible apps that no one would ever download intentionally. I was using Android ICS with the latest Firefox for android, and also a addon to it that forces desktop versions of sites to be displayed by default. When I used a app called XPrivacy to restrict Firefox's access to other apps, and deny it any personal info, then tried again, it loaded a site full of ad's and, no doubt a bunch of malware, over Icefilms in place of the Google Play crApps. Leaving Icefilms, and preventing ANY attempt access to the site. This disappoints me. If someone did this intentionally, I hope that person, and their children, get AIDS, and die of causes unrelated to AIDS, in prison. :lol:

Anyways don't bother trying to help me. I'll just avoid icefilms on Android entirely. Just wanted to get it out there. (wave)

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Re: Absolutly Unusable

Post#2 » Thu May 22, 2014 2:52 am

There are a number of topics on this problem if you would care to browse the easiest thing to do is KILL GOOGLE+ and turn on AdBlock.

HibbityJibbity
Insomniac

Post#3 » Tue May 27, 2014 1:14 am

asdads1231 wrote:I recently tried to use Icefilms on a Android tablet. Much to my dismay, the site was less than useless, serving only to open Google Play on terrible apps that no one would ever download intentionally. I was using Android ICS with the latest Firefox for android, and also a addon to it that forces desktop versions of sites to be displayed by default. When I used a app called XPrivacy to restrict Firefox's access to other apps, and deny it any personal info, then tried again, it loaded a site full of ad's and, no doubt a bunch of malware, over Icefilms in place of the Google Play crApps. Leaving Icefilms, and preventing ANY attempt access to the site. This disappoints me. If someone did this intentionally, I hope that person, and their children, get AIDS, and die of causes unrelated to AIDS, in prison. :lol:

Anyways don't bother trying to help me. I'll just avoid icefilms on Android entirely. Just wanted to get it out there. (wave)

thanks for the completely useless and pointless post.
On a completely unrelated note, here is something that make just as much sense.

Ray186
meh

Post#4 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:48 am

I just found out about the android app today, and 15 minutes later it was working flawlessly. These are the directions that I used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V-GDXyNVh0

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#5 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:50 am

There are a whole bunch of apps out there to support the use of this site on devices. We have NOTHING to do with the creation or promotion of those apps. I felt that needed mentioning.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#6 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:14 am

All I did was kill Google+ and add Adblock, VLC, and Ice.. Was watching in just a few minutes, with No ad's...

Return to “Android”