Icefilms download folders keep getting deleted!

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Topic Author
lpr347
no0b

Icefilms download folders keep getting deleted!

Post#1 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:18 am

Hi friends @Icefilms,

I am running Icefilms on a Kodi installation (Kodi 6.0 Jarvis RC 1) on Fedora 23 x86-64. I've been a happy user for a while, but recently a strange problem has started happening.

I have configured Icefilms to download movies to my ~/Videos/Movies directory and TV shows to ~/Videos/TV Shows directory. The problem I am facing is the following: when I run Icefilms to download movies etc, I find that after a while, these folders and all their contents get deleted! This happens randomly. Sometimes they get deleted within seconds of starting a download. At other times it takes a few hours.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lpr

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Re: Icefilms download folders keep getting deleted!

Post#2 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:01 am

We do not support Kodi. I realize it is a great convenience to you, but it has put alot of the really good host sights out of business due to the scraping of the programs you download as they are going around the ads these sites use to stay up. The sites may be fighting back or just blocking IP's as done in the past. You need to take this to the Kodi forum for help. And another reminder that if a new update is going around the changes that we put together with Kodi's people then the blocks will be worse. 96% of the hosts are with us.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#3 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:43 am

Russtronic™ wrote: that we put together with Kodi's people

You mean tvaddons people. Kodi wants nothing to do with icefilms or tvaddons.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Way
RedTek

Post#4 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:55 pm

I think this Section for them just needs to be Closed Down.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#5 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:16 pm

I think it needs a post explaining we do not support, where to go for help, and then locked.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#6 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:25 am

I will leave you to it then.

Topic Author
lpr347
no0b

Post#7 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:39 am

I was unaware of all these dimensions & considerations. I did not even realize that the Kodi icefilms plugin was not put out by "Icefilms". Sorry about that.

lpr

Return to “XBMC”