"error script failed: plugin. videos. icebox.xbox" ATV2

Moderators: Russtronic™, Way, Omen, Abe

Topic Author
mrslingerr
no0b

"error script failed: plugin. videos. icebox.xbox" ATV2

Post#1 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:45 pm

First i'd like to start by saying that i am new to icefilms and apple tv and i apologize if this has been discussed somewhere else already.
I'm using icefilms on apple tv2 and for the last 3 days it was working flawlessly. This morning i tried to watch a movie and it's saying : "error script failed: plugin. videos. icebox.xbox"
I'm also new to using a mac but know my way around pretty good. I tried to ssh a new default.py but i couldnt access the the correct directory in apple tv "private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.icefilms/".
I also dont know if this is for sure the fix for the problem that i am having....... Perhaps the site is simply down this morning? I could however access Tv shows, not Movies but now i cant access anything.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in Advance
Last edited by Nevermore669 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: clarified topic

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Re: "error script failed: plugin. videos. icebox.xbox" ATV2

Post#2 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:09 am

I can't help you with this, unfortunately, but your issue does sound familiar. Why don't you search this forum for atv2 and see what you can find?
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

srherrick
no0b

Post#3 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi, I'm actually having a very similar issue. I jail broke my atv2 ios5 with seaso0npass, so it IS a tethered jailbreak, and installed xbmc and icefilms, and got everything working. It worked GREAT for a few days, and then all of a sudden the movies quit working. The tv shows are still working. I can't get past the categories page to even view the movies before it says 'script error.'

I had this issue a month or so ago too, but it was the tv shows that weren't working. At that time i update the .py files, and then everything worked perfectly. i'm wondering if it is the same issue? Does anyone know?

sheo21
no0b

Post#4 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:56 pm

Yep, same here. Getting the script error when accessing icefilms TV-show Genres, A-Z etc. Must be a general error on some server. Can't complain since it's free but still a bummer. Was looking forward to my daily daily show dosage!

PS worked this morning!

Return to “Apple TV”