Strange Audio problem VLC muffled vocals.

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
StruckaNerve
no0b

Strange Audio problem VLC muffled vocals.

Post#1 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:26 pm

I am having a strange audio issue that I couldn't find an answer to with the search function. I am attempting to stream files with WIndows Vista and VLC. The file begins to play and the audio track is working but not very well. The problem is the vocal track is usually muffled but the other sounds come through fine. For example I tried watching Batman The Dark Knight returns part 1 and the race at the beginning the cars and the crowd come through clearly but when Bruce starts talking I can't hardly hear it. If their is no other background audio when someone is talking consistently the audio will get loud then muffled than loud again. The only thing I could figure is the audio is not buffering properly.

Way
RedTek

Re: Strange Audio problem VLC muffled vocals.

Post#2 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:01 pm

Couple of things you can try.

Change audio output of VLC goto/tools/preferences/audio then change output mode try different ones. Save close VLC and try a file. Try all output modes.

Another thing is to enable the equalizer. Go to Tools --> Effects and Filters --> Audio Effects --> Graphic Equalizer --> Check Enable you can play around with this and see if it helps.

BTW did you change any audio settings when setting up VLC for streaming?
You can reset default settings and start over/test. Under preferences on the bottom is a Reset button.

Return to “Audio”