Low volume on all tv shows/movies?

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
iliketurtles
no0b

Low volume on all tv shows/movies?

Post#1 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:13 pm

Everything else is working properly, but everything that I have tried to watch lately has very low volume and it stays low no matter how high I turn the volume on my tv up. Any suggestions?

bro339
Overachiever

Re: Low volume on all tv shows/movies?

Post#2 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:38 pm

use vlc player to watch the show..in vlc, you can amplify the volume encoded in the video up to 4 times..should solve your issue.. :)

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#3 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:37 pm

Hi,

If you're using, say, xbmc to watch, you might get more useful responses if you put that in your topic.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Bringer.Of.Light
Average User

Post#4 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:16 pm

Does the volume remain the same (no change) or is the change very small?
If it is very small I would bet that your using windows and one of your many volume settings is low. Check the "Mixer" or "Speakers" or "WAV".. Depending on your version of windows in the bottom right corner. You can even go as far as checking the speakers in control panel and checking their max volume... but I doubt it will be required.

* Quick Fix Sometimes - I tell some users to open Windows Media Player Crank the Volume (Using the volume bar in WMplayer) with a song playing and then close it.

But like Nevermore said,
If you give more details better chance of getting it fixed.
If the volume has NO change then I would suspect some sort of FIXED Output to external something....

Zampaz says
"-Be Paranoid -Be Safe"

Tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=36768 <----- Click Here To Learn How To Be Anonymous
If Your Are a Brother In Need Remember a PM is Free!

Return to “Audio”