While Streaming anything there is a continuous tapping sound

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
Oryen
no0b

While Streaming anything there is a continuous tapping sound

Post#1 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:34 pm

On all the streams i play, the audio is perfect but in the back ground and mainly when people are speaking there is a distinct, what appears to be, a tapping sound. Really annoying. All the media (downloaded movies, music etc) on my pc plays fine so its not my sound drivers or blown speakers.Please can someone give me a solution to this!!??

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Re: While Streaming anything there is a continuous tapping sound

Post#2 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:03 pm

Hi Oryen,

I've occasionally had problems like this, though I never knew exactly what they were. They always seemed to have something to do with the interface between my application and my system's sound set-up. You could check how sound is being processed by your OS and try a different method. But I think your first choice should be your audio drivers. Do some cleaning up and see if that fixes it:

Follow the instructions in this tutorial. Make sure you remove any codec packs you may have, as well as desktop versions of divx, (you can reinstall them later if you want) and pay particular attention to the registry cleaning part.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Return to “Audio”