Low Volume on all HD videos

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
bdkev
no0b

Low Volume on all HD videos

Post#1 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:03 am

Sorry if its been posted before but I did a search and didn't find it.

Currently I'm having a problem in that all HD videos on the site are giving me very low audio. The non-HD ones work just fine. I tried reinstalling the AC3 and even tried to see if different configurations would help but no dice. If I want to watch something in HD I have to max out my systems audio and then it still sounds like some people are whispering.

Does anyone know why it would be just the HD videos that are doing this or know of a possible fix?

bro339
Overachiever

Re: Low Volume on all HD videos

Post#2 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:14 am

HD files have low volume bcos the encoder did not digitally amplify the volume while encoding the file or if he did, the original file itself has wayyyyyyyyy low volume..

i recommend ya to use vlc player to play the file/stream it..with vlc, you can digitally increase the video's volume up to 4 times..just simply scroll your mouse up while your video is playing..thats wat i normally do..

of course there is another way for you to increase the video's volume..you'll have to re-encode it which is of much hassle..you can use virtualdub to do this but due to its complexity, i myself dont do it..just use vlc..easy peacy.. :)

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#3 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:10 pm

Hi,

The hd vids are mostly ac3 audio. You may need to adjust your sound/speakers to accommodate the extra channels. Check your mixer and see if you can turn any of the channels up higher. Chances are one of them is too low.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Topic Author
bdkev
no0b

Post#4 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:50 pm

How do you stream using VLC? Mine just opens it in Divx all the time. I'm not interested in saving and viewing later as I know how to choose that file association.

I looked into my mixer and nothing is muted or low volume and also went into AC3 and checked the settings and its 5.1 like it should be.

Any other thoughts?

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#5 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:33 pm

Nope. When I experience really low volume - esp. with the dialogue - it's usually because that particular channel isn't being amplified, mixed, or utilized properly on my system (but I don't have a surround system - just stereo).

To stream with vlc, one manually opens the file as it's loading onto disk. There's a tutorial here (DO NOT INSTALL THE VLC BROWSER PLUGIN).
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Return to “Audio”