Audio De-sync and Sped Up

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
TreetopSC
no0b

Audio De-sync and Sped Up

Post#1 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:20 am

I've never had this issue before, and I've tried on both Firefox and Chrome. I was watching Doctor Who and the three episodes I tried (from all sources) go about ten to fifteen seconds into the video and then the audio becomes accelerated and they nearly get "Chipmunk" voices and the audio drastically falls out of sync.

Everything is properly up to date. (4.3 script, Divx 1.5 and such) and I use to be able to watch fine. Any ideas on what's causing this or is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks for your time.

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Re: Audio De-sync and Sped Up

Post#2 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:09 pm

what all do you have running in the background?

Sometimes, other programs use a bit more processor power and can make the divx player (any player actually) go out of sync.

Since every source of each link went out of sync on you, I'm suspecting it's an issue on your computer...

what episodes were you trying to watch?
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

Topic Author
TreetopSC
no0b

Post#3 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:33 pm

I tried watching from the 2005 series, season 1 episodes 1-3 on every source. And I had nothing else really running. I have 8b of RAM and plenty have horsepower. So, that's not the issue. Thank you for responding though! Any other ideas?

oksekod
no0b

Post#4 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:41 pm

It's probably a codec issue. Have you dl'ed the k-lite codec?
If that isn't it you can always try to play the videos through vlc instead.

How to do it:
When the Divx player begins to play, pause it. Right click on the screen and go to preferences-->Open download cache.
Then you should see one or two files. Chose the biggest one and chose vlc as your program to run it with, and it should play now.

I always do that when i have sound issues, It usually helps.

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#5 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:51 am

It really does sound like a codec issue. I think you need to do some cleaning, and reinstalling. Be careful about the codecs you install. Try it out bare-bones first, then install whatever you want, so you'll maybe have some idea what's causing your problem should it recurr.

Follow the instructions in this tutorial. Make sure you remove any codec packs you may have, as well as desktop versions of divx, (you can reinstall them later if you want) and pay particular attention to the registry cleaning part.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Return to “Audio”