Mac on Lion 10.7.2 Streams Well....but Firefox freezes

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
tfemafs
no0b

Mac on Lion 10.7.2 Streams Well....but Firefox freezes

Post#1 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:25 pm

As above guys...Firefox freezes and I'm locked out of any icefilm control or indeed any Firefox control. If I manage to go full screen, I can't then get out of full screen...I need to force quit Firefox.

I am running Firefox in 32bit mode.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Re: Mac on Lion 10.7.2 Streams Well....but Firefox freezes

Post#2 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:07 pm

Hi tfemafs,

I don't really know what this is, but you should make sure that you don't have both the ac3 filter and perian installed.

One guy, a while ago, needed to uninstall and reinstall perian multiple times before his problems went away.

That's about all I got right now...sorry.

Edit:

Oh! make sure you don't have the vlc plugin installed and active in firefox.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Topic Author
tfemafs
no0b

Post#3 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi Nevermore669...

Thanks for the reply. So...Can I remove the AC3 plugin then if I have Perian installed? I really don't want to lose Perian.

Will check my plug-in's to ensure i don't have vlc running in Firefox

Cheers!

t

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#4 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:06 am

Yeah, perian has one (which is not to say I guarantee that will work, but it should).
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Return to “Audio”