no sound in some RS files?

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
aiyabbq
Average User

no sound in some RS files?

Post#1 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:48 pm

is anybody else having this problem? I have icefilms on my apple tv and sometimes when i stream a movie it has no sound.. then when i pick another one the sound works fine. This can be pretty annoying if i have to wait 200 seconds for the file to even open

fewolfhunter
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: no sound in some RS files?

Post#2 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:24 pm

My guess is that it is a codec issue. I use VLC player all the time to watch content and it always plays the audio.

Bisc
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#3 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:00 pm

aiyabbq, you have to let us know what files are giving you problems so we can check them for you. The mods and contributors have a lot of skills, but mind reading is not one of them. We need the URL to the Icefilms page and also need to know which link is not working for you.
I used to be a lot like you, now I'm only me. - Boysetsfire

Russtronic™
The One

Post#4 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:29 pm

It is some kind of link issue Play the file with VLC as it is loading... It is the same as streaming I havent gotten the whole problem solved yet... The audio will work after the file has streamed completely

bro339
Overachiever

Post#5 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:58 am

try this russ..this the VLC streaming method..

the VLC 'download method' to stream..

1. let your browser download the file..you can stream this file while downloading..
2. open the folder containing the downloading file..it will have the name '.crdownload'..smtg like that..
3. right click on the file and click 'open with'..
4. select VLC player and let it play...
5. VLC player will prompt ya on whether to repair the file or not..select 'DONT REPAIR'..
6. enjoy the video while it downloads..

Return to “Audio”