HD Links Audio Distorted

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
SmokieMcPot
meh

HD Links Audio Distorted

Post#1 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:56 am

Hey, when I click on any HD links and watch them through DivX the audio is distorted/warped. I thought it might be on my end, even though I can watch up to 1080p just fine. VLC plays it normally with no distortion at all.. This leads me to believe its on the DivX players side, but after a few re installations it still does it. I can play the hd links through VLC no problem, but the streaming speed seems to always be way too slow to manage watching it without any pauses in the middle.

Any other possible solutions?

Way
RedTek

Re: HD Links Audio Distorted

Post#2 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:51 am

have you installed the AC3 filter yet it is something that has been brought up a few 1000 times here, and also stated at the bottom of most of the hosts pages.

http://ac3filter.net/

I think the newest Divx update has finally got this built in ??? I don't use Divx or even have it installed so I couldn't tell you for sure without reading some searches.
VLC on the other hand has all needed codecs built in. That is why it works with almost everything and my choice of player.

So try installing http://ac3filter.net/ for your system type and see if it fixes it ;)

Topic Author
SmokieMcPot
meh

Post#3 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:26 pm

Thanks for the idea, I had already downloaded that before.. So I dug a little deeper and noticed I had a few other "codec" programs in my control panel so I went ahead and removed everything codec related even ac3 filter restarted and made sure the video player divx would alert me saying i needed a special codec to watch this then went to redl ac3 and it works now :) gotta hate bogus codecs >.>

Way
RedTek

Post#4 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:38 pm

Good to hear and yes to many codecs is just as bad as not enough.

Thanks for reporting back with your findings and may be this will help others.

Return to “Audio”