New glitch, movies/tv etc load to black screen

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author

New glitch, movies/tv etc load to black screen

Post#1 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:54 am

Okay so, I love icefilms, but these bugs are killing me. The "no socket" error (viewtopic.php?f=24&t=23174&start=15) stopped this morning, and while wasting some time at work I went to watch an episode of outsourced, Season 1, Episode 17, and it loaded, the count down went, and then the embedded window went black and chrome crashed. I tried again on the other sources, and each time had the same result. The problem is also not my browser because it is also happening on firefox, where instead of crashing my laptop just freezes :O

If anyone could help that would be great. I have already tried all the usual solutions(clear browsing data, cookies, cache, reinstall icescript, etc etc etc)

Obsessively Addicted

Re: New glitch, movies/tv etc load to black screen

Post#2 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:31 am

Hi Alex,

Check these settings and adjust if necessary:

Go to Control Panel --> Internet Options --> Connections --> LAN Settings --> UNCHECK "use a proxy server for your LAN". SELECT "automatically detect settings".

Start -> regedit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

change the value to 0 using regedit .

so it shows :

If that doesn't work, follow the instructions in this tutorial. Make sure you remove any codec packs you may have, as well as desktop versions of divx, (you can reinstall them later if you want) and pay particular attention to the registry cleaning part.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Return to “Video”