This link is unplayable on ICE

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
william.s78
Average User

This link is unplayable on ICE

Post#1 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:33 pm

Hi i was wondering if there is anything i can do when i get "this link is unplayable on ICE". the file is a megaupload file so how come some work and others don't?
Thanks

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Re: This link is unplayable on ICE

Post#2 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:45 pm

You need to post the link and the IMDB link also so we know what it is.

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#3 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:58 pm

Without actually knowing what link it is, it's probably a different format, like mkv or ogv.
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#4 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:31 am

...or .rar.

If they're .rar files, all the files in the series, file 000, file 001, etc., need to be saved to your computer and opened/combined by double-clicking the first in the series. I you get an unknown file error, you'll need to download a program that recognizes .rar. I prefer 7Zip.

Other video formats, like .mkv, can be played with vlc as they download. There's a tutorial here.

Edit:

It may also be that the files in question are Premium, ie., over 1GB in size. You need to open the MU page and scroll down a little to see the reason.

The files on the forum are not necessarily intended for the mainsite, and don't have to conform to the mainsite standards of host or format. Many must be downloaded fully, or opened with vlc as they download, in order to view them. Any premium MU links should also have free links from another file host present as well.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Return to “Video”