Windows 8 Problems.

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
blendertom
no0b

Windows 8 Problems.

Post#1 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:31 am

I'm using Windows 8 Develpors Preview and Firefox to watch on IceFilms.
I have everything up to date, The script, the browser and the Windows (of course), and YES my Divx player is the one required.

What's the fuss then, eh?

Well there is no video. Well no there is some video. Whenever a video starts all I hear is Audio, then I scroll down and back up again, and voilà, there is video, but it runs for a second, and freezes again. Bear in mind that the audio is flawless, but what the point of watching movie when all you can do is hear, or you can continously scroll up and down.

I know I can watch it by going to the temp. download folder and watch it with VLC. Well DUH? That's is excatly what I'm doing. But I just wanted to make sure that the good folks at IceFilms can fix this and allow me to watch The Doctor fight off aliens, I'm in the browser.

And those of you willing to download the developers preview, you can download it from this website http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/br229516, don't worry it's microsofts official site. Oh and you can dual boot it too. Oh and did I mention it's free? But let's no get off topic here, shall we?

So as sadi before, I just wanted to make sure that this gets out and the IceFilms folks can correct this before Windows 8 is open to the public, to buy.

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Re: Windows 8 Problems.

Post#2 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:23 am

Hi blendertom,

The only thing I can suggest is to make sure aero is off. You can try these, perhaps they'll help:

Okay, try selecting a desktop theme other than an aero theme - like a basic or hi-contrast (right-click on the desktop, and select to "personalize"). If that doesn't fix it alone, also right click your browser's shortcut and select to turn aero off (don't forget to apply). If those two aren't enough, right click your browser's shortcut and select compatibility mode for xp (leave aero off, and don't forget to apply).
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Return to “Video”