DIVX not playing on my new TV

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
muckpuk
no0b

DIVX not playing on my new TV

Post#1 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 am

I am a dim computer person. My friend gave me this link to download moviess and Tv series. I have been very successful in downloading them and watching them on my little notebook.(:-) :-)...BUT now I have a new LCD TV and I want to watch the movies on the TV. I have downloaded them on my external hard drive and plugged it in the TV via the USB port. It tells me to register to DIVX???????

What is that all about? Do I do it?
Can I get my downloaded stuff of the notebook on the TV in another way?
Thanks for any future tips :-)

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Re: DIVX not playing on my new TV

Post#2 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:51 am

My best advice is to google your make and model along with your question. It sounds like your tv has some special abilities. Otherwise, you should be able to just connect your laptop to the tv's audio and video connectors - you probably got a cable with your laptop.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

fewolfhunter
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#3 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:48 pm

Yes in order to watch DIVX content you have to register your equipment in this case. It is the same with the PS3. You register your device on the DIVX website I believe or through your TV internet connection I can't remember. I do remember doing this with my PS3 a couple of years ago. I think it is a copyright thing not sure though. You may be able to add your tv as an extender though and just share your media files through wifi from your computer to your tv.

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#4 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:46 am

Or you could hook up the TV to your notebook via HDMI/VGA and watch them that way...
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

Way
RedTek

Post#5 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:46 am

There are a pile of ways to watch your files on your tv.

My set up;
Win7 computer vga hooked to 42" LCD 1080p tv -and- digital audio to SS receiver (THX)
Wireless keyboard and mouse ... Siting in my easy chair.... <<<< that is my remote ;)
U can also hook to a TV with s-video+ (mini to rca/mini to mini)
Or Several other ways do a search it will work...

Now in my kids room the cheapest fix was (and it will work on all TV's)
Buy the cheapest divx DVD player with Usb jack/input just look for .avi support
Got mine for $40 usd
Then I got a 8G flash drive that will hold 6+ hours $10 usd
Total $50 usd

There are wireless Tv's now I don't know how because I have never done it but you could Stream wireless on a network with VLC to the TV. If it is Divx ready has the support.. .avi files
Your TV may be divx ready with a input?

Or the console method. This site is based on computers tho...

Now to answer the ? yes register DIVX In my opinion unless someone says other wise....

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#6 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:57 am

Well, I found this little tid-bit (not knowing anything about this registering thing, I decided to check) here. Apparently this registering thing is just about copyright and viewing pay content. Doesn't seem to be any harm in doing it (but I don't like it), but you shouldn't have to do it to view free stuff off the web.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Topic Author
muckpuk
no0b

Post#7 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:41 am

Wauw thank you all for replying! I haven't had time to sit down and check your solutions yet, but will try tomorrow or day after. So far it seems that i have some options and I will look into it and get back to you.

Great! thanks

Return to “Video”