How do I stream movies to my TV?

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
cathyme
no0b

How do I stream movies to my TV?

Post#1 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:51 pm

I purchased an LG Smart TV, but can't figure out how to stream movies to it. What am I doing wrong? The movies stream to my PC just fine.

Way
RedTek

Re: How do I stream movies to my TV?

Post#2 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:08 pm

Next time look for the proper section before making a post, and read the rules above each section if there are any for that section.

I don't see a how to on this Yet.. Maybe some one will make up a Tutorial on this ....
I don't have one so I have never done it .... I'm sure it is easy... now that your post is in the correct place some one will be able to help you.

Welcome to the forum :) have fun

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#3 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:31 pm

It has apps... does it have an android market?
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#4 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:05 am

Hi,

Seems it uses the plex media server to serve videos to the tv. You can install that from here. Apparently, there is also an icefilms plugin for it. There's a forum thread about it here.

(BTW...I found that in about five minutes after googling...)

After reading through the thread, it seems there are problems with the plugin, and no mention of the smart tvs... If I were you, I'd prepare myself for some serious searching and forum browsing. Someone, somewhere, likely has the answers you need.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Return to “Video”