There is no way around mp4

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
shavin_high
meh

There is no way around mp4

Post#1 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:36 am

Ok, so I'm confused as to why there isn't a topic yet about this. (Maybe its hidden, and in that case, I feel like an ass). We all understand that "The Scene" has decided to change the format of our tv shows because of MP4 being higher quality. We aren't going back to AVI, so obviously Divx Web player is dead.

Unless Divx updates what files it supports. Or are we going to move onto a new web player for ICE quick stream 5.0 and beyond...?

Any talks from the higher ups on our next predicament?

supernova
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: There is no way around mp4

Post#2 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:51 am

Who or what makes "The Scene" ? Who gave them the right to decide which format is better ? I think MP4 is fine but i hate those unstreamable MP4 files.What about MKV ? I don't know which player should be used for streaming.Maybe VLC web plugin...Just thinking...not complaining. English is not my first language.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#3 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:14 pm

With mp4 being the new rule for containers sooner or later all players, including divx, will have to write new code to handle it. If they do not, they will drop out of the game. Just a matter of time.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

DaftMink
Average User

Post#4 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:09 pm

shavin_high wrote:Unless Divx updates what files it supports.

You do know the DivX web player IceFilms recommends is from May 28, 2009!.

The new version of the player supports AVI, MP4, and MKV playback.

Way
RedTek

Post#5 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:38 pm

The problem with the new divx player has been that it was buggy and did not work for everyone..
The version that is recommended is the most stable across the board it works with different browsers/OS.

But you can use what ever version you find to work best for you....

blueboomerang
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#6 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:38 pm

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#7 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:48 pm

wayhighdudeman007 wrote:The problem with the new divx player has been that it was buggy and did not work for everyone...

I wonder if that was script to container issue, or is that version bugged across the board? Just wondering because other sites use the new divx without issue.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Way
RedTek

Post#8 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:18 pm

But I use a Casio Watch to view IceFilms.info which key do i push next...

johnjohnston
Average User

Post#9 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:52 pm

Does anyone here even capable of writing script at something greater than the few lines I mean words ( practically copied ) it takes to fill greasemonkey hypertext.

I notice that new crawlers are becoming more of a pain in the ass and not to mention the MPAA is losing the war on drugs... I mean the war on crappy movies or is it the war on stupid... maybe the world is actually beginning to get smarter...

MP4 is a bitch so what is wrong with an Mp4 dwl then re-encode and re-upload in order to make such a piece functional again or sift through that jumbled mess of a codec and find out what is causing the odd error ( since the mp4 does work ) with the Divx web player on the older version which has already been corrected with the new version but the new version still needs some TLC... Even today

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#10 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:22 pm

wayhighdudeman007 wrote:But I use a Casio Watch to view IceFilms.info which key do i push next...

The one at four o'clock. ;)

Rasa
Insomniac

Post#11 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:24 pm

shavin_high wrote:Ok, so I'm confused as to why there isn't a topic yet about this. (Maybe its hidden, and in that case, I feel like an ass). We all understand that "The Scene" has decided to change the format of our tv shows because of MP4 being higher quality. We aren't going back to AVI, so obviously Divx Web player is dead.

Unless Divx updates what files it supports. Or are we going to move onto a new web player for ICE quick stream 5.0 and beyond...?

Any talks from the higher ups on our next predicament?

There are chances that IQS 5.0 will implement another player such as VLC and sorts.Keep your fingers crossed as it is being worked on.

AGIA
meh

Post#12 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:11 am

Is there a reason why when I download an mp4 file, it won't burn onto a disk? Im thinking i'm burning it and then when i put it in the dvd player there is no file...wtf??? Guess I need to move my computer closer to the tv and hdmi cable it.

virus897
meh

Post#13 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:13 pm

AGIA your dvd player most likely is not compatible with mp4 files. That was one of the main reason people were crying when the scene switched to mp4, because most dvd players dont play mp4.

AGIA
meh

Post#14 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:02 pm

Ya it sucks..maybe time to get a new dvd player lol...thanks for the reply :)

gogmorgo
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#15 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Or maybe just find a way to burn the DVD as an actual DVD and not a file storage device.

Return to “Video”