180 and vidhog do not work on a usb

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
debs48
meh

180 and vidhog do not work on a usb

Post#1 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:07 am

I am new on the forum but have been using ice films for years, I need some advice : I have always dowloaded , then using a usb watched tv in my bedroom, and since megaupload went I have been paying ( and happy to pay) to use rapidshare but icefilms want to phase this out and the 180upload and vidhog do not seem to work via the usb or onto a disc only work to watch on my laptop. any way i can sort this out. regards.

bro339
Overachiever

Re: 180 and vidhog do not work on a usb

Post#2 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:27 am

could it be due to you downloading a mp4 file rather than an avi file?? i highly doubt the download source would affect the file being able to play on tv.. :)

Topic Author
debs48
meh

Post#3 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:59 pm

it shows on the usb stick but when i plug into my tv it does not show it as loaded on the drive, how do I check from ice films download if it is an mp4 and how do I change it.

bro339
Overachiever

Post#4 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:16 pm

you can check the type of video that you have downloaded/downloading..just look at the file's name..

if you are downloading an avi video, the file should be smtg like 'video.avi' while an mp4 video would be 'video.mp4'..

most players are not mp4 compatible..the only way to change this is to re-encode the video which is pointless as most of the time, there are avi files available..just check what file you are downloading 1st before downloading..good luck!! ;)

Return to “Video”