Are avi's no longer going to be uploaded?

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
jhan46
code of Deez

Are avi's no longer going to be uploaded?

Post#1 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:02 am

Will mkv and mp4 files be all that are available? I don't immediately stream.I download to an external hard drive to view later on my tv, but the video codec for the mkv and mp4 files are not readable for this purpose. Can I only stream on my computer for watching? Please help me understand/

Bisc
Relentlessly Obsessed

Re: Are avi's no longer going to be uploaded?

Post#2 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:15 am

When avi's are available they are uploaded, but because the scene is not using avi anymore that's not always the case. Sometimes they are released a few days later.
I used to be a lot like you, now I'm only me. - Boysetsfire

bro339
Overachiever

Post#3 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:30 am

yeah..the scene is xvid videos to the old folks home.. :mrgreen:

Topic Author
jhan46
code of Deez

Post#4 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:40 am

So can anyone tell me what to use for downloading to view on the tv?

bro339
Overachiever

Post#5 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:30 am

my advice is for ya to get yourself a 'media player'..it is smtg like a decoder for your cable tv but it is a box with usb ports to plug in your hdd and thumbdrives..these media players usually have support to multiple video formats so you can play any of them on your tv..

i dont think it would cost ya much.. ;)

monique141
meh

Post#6 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:08 pm

In my case, mp4 files play like slideshows, still pictures that change every second. So what I do now when I don't find an avi link on icefilms, I look for it on Google. For example, I type "the mentalist" "avi" in Google, and if I find an avi link on netload, which is the fastest in my experience, I download it from there. At an average of 230 Kb/s, it takes about 25 minutes to download an episode. Or I download a torrent, which is sometimes even faster: I got the avi file for Person of Interest in 10 minutes this morning.

Return to “Video”