HD has sound but no picture?

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
Adizzle
Average User

HD has sound but no picture?

Post#1 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:55 pm

I move the files to a usb stick to watch on my tv. The HD files will play sound but no picture, wrong codec comes up. Now if I play it on a friends tv which is HD tv it plays fine but mine is not HD. Anyone got any ideas how I can fix this?

Way
RedTek

Re: HD has sound but no picture?

Post#2 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Yeah you can hook your TV to your computer or you can download a program to change the format/container/extension of the file to what ever your TV supports.

Example your file is .MP4 or .MKV and your TV only supports .avi and .divx then you re-encode the file and put it in a .avi format/container/extension. This is a guess ???

You have to use a program to do this you can not simply rename/change the extension.

Try searching there are numerous free programs to choose from some are better than, easier than, faster than others..
https://www.google.com/search?q=convert ... =firefox-a

Topic Author
Adizzle
Average User

Post#3 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:16 pm

I use Freemake to change to avi but I think it's the HD part thats the issue. I can play the first 2 Ultimate Spiderman but the rest of them I can't but I can still hear it.

Way
RedTek

Post#4 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:39 pm

When you change / re-encode the file you can choose any audio and video codec and format that works for you..

Return to “Video”