HD in mp4

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
adammajic
Heart on for IceFlims

HD in mp4

Post#1 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:52 am

Just wondering why hd are always in mkv and not mp4 format? I like to watch them through ps3, and mkv is not supported. Is there another way other than reformatting the file? Thanks

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Re: HD in mp4

Post#2 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:30 am

You'd have to be taking it up with Sony, they are the ones that could make MKV files playable.

MP4 and MKV are basically identical, but MP4s have been associated with SD by the release groups.

XBOX owners have the same issue.

I found a tutorial to convert MKV to MP4 in 10 minutes or less.

I believe PS3 Media Server can do it on the fly though?
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

Topic Author
adammajic
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#3 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:05 am

I have the ps3 media server, but haven't found what you're talking about yet? BTW, what tutorial are you talking about that takes 10 min or less?

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#4 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:15 am

XBOX/PS3 Tutorial

Make MKV Movies compatible with ps3 or xbox360 in less that 10mins

Since both the ps3 and the xbox360 can not play the .mkv extension we will need to change this so they can recognise the file and play it:

Files you need:

mkvtoolnix
mkvextract
mp4muxer

Download and install mkvtoolnix and later extract and paste the content from MKVExtract in the mkvtoolnix folder.

Step 1
Using MKV Extract import the movie and extract both the video and audio stream from the .mkv container to a directory of your choice

Step 2
Note down the Video Frame rate from my torrent info of that movie (23.976fps or 24 fps or 25fps)

Download mp4muxer and extract the zip folder to a directory of your choice.

Open up mp4muxer.exe and import both the video stream and the audio streams that were just previously extracted.

Step 3
Select the video stream and make sure that the frame rate is the exact same as the original

Step 4
Click on "Multiplex" and wait until a new message comes up saying Completed.

ALL DONE the newly created MP4 file is now PS3 and xbox360 friendly and will play flawlessly :)
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

Sark
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#5 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:51 am

Maybe searching for x264 or YIFY in the link section would help you as well.
That release group (YIFY) actually releases mp4 files in HD and a lot of movies have allready been posted on the forum.
Just copy one of the folowing links:

Code: Select all

http://forum.icefilms.info/search.php?keywords=x264&terms=all&author=&fid[]=130&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Code: Select all

http://forum.icefilms.info/search.php?keywords=YIFY&terms=all&author=&fid[]=130&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

rm11
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#6 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:47 am

i do it all the time with ps3 media centre? you dont even have to click anything just transcode the the file and it does it auto
just transcode the file and when you open it on ps3 click on the mkv.. mkv is supported on ps3 it just doesnt load when you open it though from a usb because it doesnt recognise it as a video file.

Topic Author
adammajic
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#7 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:50 pm

rm11 wrote:i do it all the time with ps3 media centre? you dont even have to click anything just transcode the the file and it does it auto
just transcode the file and when you open it on ps3 click on the mkv.. mkv is supported on ps3 it just doesnt load when you open it though from a usb because it doesnt recognise it as a video file.

i'm not too sure what you're trying to say...what do you mean by transcode the file. i'm not too tech savvy here. thanks

rm11
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#8 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:35 pm

okk.. go to ps3 media centre.. set it all up etc.. go to your ps3 and browse the server.. open an mkv.. it works without doing anything. because ps3 supports mkv but its just that when you open a mkv from your usb stick/hard drive it does not recognise it as a video. when you do it from ps3 media centre for some reason it works

Topic Author
adammajic
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#9 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:16 pm

ok..so you're saying that I need to set up the ps3 to stream from icefilms directly, instead of downloading to my computer?

rm11
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#10 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:33 am

LOL ok..

step 1: install ps3 media center
step 2: set it all up to browse whatever you want
step 3: turn on your ps3
step 4: Click media servers and select "ps3 media center"browse for the mkv file
step 5: select an mkv (most mkvs will play using ps3 media center, however it will not play if you put the file on a usb stick for some reason)
step 6: if you want to copy the file hover over it and press triange.. then press copy. itll copy it to your ps3's hdd so you can play it when your pc is off.

Good luck!
pm me if you need more help xD

Topic Author
adammajic
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#11 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:45 pm

one more stupid question...is the ps3 media center and the ps3 media server programs the same thing?

rm11
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#12 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:25 pm

yeah it is

Return to “Video”