Various recent HD movies posteed by Way

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
arthur96
Average User

Various recent HD movies posteed by Way

Post#1 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:49 am

http://www.icefilms.info/ip.php?v=127779&

http://www.icefilms.info/ip.php?v=2965&

http://www.icefilms.info/ip.php?v=2967&

And others

OK may be nit picking again, but these are Mkv's which is not a problem However they are not HD just garbage re-encoded to a 720 size but that's not even the worst problem with these.

at the beginning of these, a Spam sub stream was added

"!!! Greetings !!! Encoded by sc0rp"
"united300.blogspot.com I 300mbunited.com I rapidpremium.net"

and did i mention that they are marked as 720p hd and are absolutely not.

i once read a few times from site admins about standards and such for content to be posted on the front page. Is this not the case anymore? can any spamy drivel now be called HD on here?

DaveyHu
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: Various recent HD movies posteed by Way

Post#2 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:36 am

If you are that fussed over what gets posted on the site, Then go buy them!! Problem Solved!!

And stop complaining when its all for free. (angry)

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#3 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:11 am

A lot of the links that make it to the mainsite are user submitted. We wait and scope out who consistently brings good food to the table, then sometimes add their links to the mainsite without checking them,as they have demonstrated a level of quality over a period of time. We have a limited number of staff doing this whole show on our dime, our time. Things like this do happen AND WILL happen in the future. Thank you for providing the URL for said bad files so we can remedy the situation. However, please refrain from singling out staff for issues which may or may not be their fault. Wayhigh does more for this site than you will ever even consider doing for us.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Wipeout
Insomniac

Post#4 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Wow, nit picking is an understatement!!!

First of all, of the 3 links you provided, only the first one has the supposed "spam". And it appears for the first 25 seconds. Who cares about the first 25 seconds if you get a free HD movie afterwards!

Second of all, I am a technical noob so it is very possible that you are correct about the encoding. But I can tell you this though: these movies look GOOD. If they're not HD, they damn well look like it. They definitely are not garbage.

I don't see any upside posting something like that.
Actually, the word "Troll" comes to mind...

At least, it allowed me to rediscover Die Hard!!! Damn good movie action!!!

Way
RedTek

Post#5 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:13 pm

Thanks Wipeout (hug)

Here come some more movies ;)

Wipeout
Insomniac

Post#6 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:27 pm

You're welcome! (y)
Show me the movieeeeeees!!! (happy)

Topic Author
arthur96
Average User

Post#7 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:32 pm

was not singeing anyone out or calling anyone out. reason i mentioned way is because he posted the links. and yes i do understand the staff limitations. I also remember the posting criteria prior to the mega take-down.

Yes I do know its free and appreciate everyone's efforts here and i mean that sincerely. However just because its free dose not mean we cant try to keep some standards... no?

blueboomerang
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#8 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:46 am

[quote="arthur96"]was not singeing anyone out or calling anyone out. reason i mentioned way is because he posted the links. and yes i do understand the staff limitations. I also remember the posting criteria prior to the mega take-down.

Yes I do know its free and appreciate everyone's efforts here and i mean that sincerely. However just because its free dose not mean we cant try to keep some standards... no?[/quote

Users submit the links to the appropriate forum; staff review and post the links onto the site. I.e., although Way posted those links to IF, the links probably were submitted by someone else, and Way didn't catch the problem since staff cannot possibly check every link. Therefore, it isn't quite fair to come on and accuse a specific staff member for putting up bad links because the links were actually submitted by an IF member. However, many people do not understand that this is a 2 person/step process, and it is easy to assume the name by the link is the person who originated the link. I understand how you could make the mistake, arthur96.

Best to just point out the problem with the link itself, and realize the staff who posted it may not have been able to see that it was a bad link.

We are just a little protective of Way here--he works really hard for IF and is so visible that he sometimes gets blamed for problems he did not create. That's all. (hug) (hug) (hug)

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#9 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:11 am

just going by the first one...

http://www.icefilms.info/ip.php?v=127779&

"I Am Number 4"

1280 x 588 = HD 720p

Therefore, yes it IS HD... according to the site's criteria

From the link - viewtopic.php?p=182493#p182493

720p and 1080p are lumped together as "HD", BUT, when you label a video as such we expect the following:

- 1080p = 1920 x 1080 or higher
- 720p = 1280 x 720 or better, but less than 1920 x 1080

SD is anything less than 1280 x 720

In a case like this, you go by horizontal resolution.

1280 = HD 720p

So, rather than 16x9 (HDTV) it's 16x9 (widescreen letterbox) which is a "standard" widescreen movie ratio.

Much like other examples, this just shows that the entertainment industry makes rules and then sidesteps them to create new ones when it feels like it.

So, even though you may not feel as though the video is HD, it is. According to the definitions we work with on this site, and the definitions decided by the entertainment industry and the release groups that create the content.

If you don't feel it's HD content, please, post a reply as to why you feel it isn't.
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

Topic Author
arthur96
Average User

Post#10 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:05 am

again i am not dissing way in umm....any way was just a means to describe said links.

yes i do understand 720p and 1080p i in fact explained sad formats a few times on these boards myself. However i have been seeing some HD marked videos that have been up-scaled to say 720p but who's source was not. easy to tell on these many times AR, artifacts....etc and a small file size no mater the container be it Mkv or MP4 we would be talking a 1 to 80 % compression ratio here and as of yet there is no codec that can do that for HD

1280×720 (AR) of 16:9 (1.78:1) @ 60fps ATSC Standard now i know on a rip we don't get all this Du to several codec limitations and size constraints but squeezing what was 10 to 12 gigs of video data down to 500 megs even for MKV ans MP4 is a bit much.

Again not bashing at all. i love all you guys here this is just info.

Return to “Video”