Movies load but wont play!

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
zakipoe79
no0b

Movies load but wont play!

Post#1 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:29 pm

Heya! I've been having this reoccurring issue for the past couple of days- it happens on and off..ie, sometimes none of the movies work at all, and other times the same movies that were acting up work just fine.

In summary, what happens is the entire video will load. Pressing play, however, only moves the picture forward by one frame, then goes back to being paused. At first I thought "maybe I accidentally double clicked?" So I waited about 30 seconds, hit the play button once. Still, it moved forward one frame, then stopped.

The sound doesn't register during this issue. On an interesting note, however, if I rapidly click the play button on and off it looks like a stop motion film! XD

Any help would be appreciated- has this happened to anyone else, and if so... any quick fixes?

macxtc
Out of work journalist

Re: Movies load but wont play!

Post#2 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:38 pm

this has happened to me before (about one in every 30-50 times)

when it happens to me, usually it means that the file has picked up some corruption...

if I am sure the file has fully finished loading... then I will switch to another program that

can play AVI files... I use NERO's Showtime.... other members use different programs to do the same thing...

Return to “Video”