The one filehost thread to rule them all...

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Audaxity
no0b

Re: The one filehost thread to rule them all...

Post#136 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:44 pm

ufliq.com

You can dl the equivalent of a full length movie in a about 7 or 8 minutes, around 550mb. Easily streamable.

kraghot
no0b

Post#137 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:50 am

http://www.solidfiles.com/

No Captcha, no limit, no waiting time.

pitzbury
no0b

Post#138 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:34 am

There are some groups considering uploadhero.com with a good streaming feature, max size of 1g to 10g depending premium or free and free transfert from other host, wich is very good.

Does someone took a look of it??

curtiswatson
no0b

Post#139 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:43 pm

OK! So, I registered for a forum account for the sole purpose of asking this one question. It has been bothering me quite a bit and I just cannot figure it out - why are we getting rid of RapidShare and replacing it with slow hosts such as VidHog and 180Upload? I have tried premium accounts with VidHog, and it seems not to improve too much. The MAIN problem is not only the download speeds, but the access speeds. I am from Ontario with 50 Mbps downlink and I have a ping averaging 750ms. So for every second I wait, 3/4 of that is due to the network packets traversing between myself and the server.

All in all, why are we getting rid of RapidShare when it is by far the fastest host used broadly across the website (at least for me). I can average ~5MBps with premium RapidShare but cannot seem to break even 1MBps with premium VidHog. Not to mention performance severely degrades with VidHog with multiple downloads where RapidShare can keep up. I just find it quite frustrating having to wait about thirty seconds for these other hosts' websites to pop up.

blackdeathzc
no0b

Post#140 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:52 am

have you tried http://load.to ?
i mostly have pretty good download speed when downloading from them

fewolfhunter
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#141 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:20 pm

curtiswatson wrote:OK! So, I registered for a forum account for the sole purpose of asking this one question. It has been bothering me quite a bit and I just cannot figure it out - why are we getting rid of RapidShare and replacing it with slow hosts such as VidHog and 180Upload? I have tried premium accounts with VidHog, and it seems not to improve too much. The MAIN problem is not only the download speeds, but the access speeds. I am from Ontario with 50 Mbps downlink and I have a ping averaging 750ms. So for every second I wait, 3/4 of that is due to the network packets traversing between myself and the server.

All in all, why are we getting rid of RapidShare when it is by far the fastest host used broadly across the website (at least for me). I can average ~5MBps with premium RapidShare but cannot seem to break even 1MBps with premium VidHog. Not to mention performance severely degrades with VidHog with multiple downloads where RapidShare can keep up. I just find it quite frustrating having to wait about thirty seconds for these other hosts' websites to pop up.

Rapidshare is removing content which makes the work being done here kinda redundant when ice is trying to build a link library for its users. I agree with your post on the other filehosts as I have the same problems here in Manitoba.

Lone Browncoat
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#142 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:01 am

fewolfhunter wrote:
curtiswatson wrote: I am from Ontario with 50 Mbps downlink and I have a ping averaging 750ms. So for every second I wait, 3/4 of that is due to the network packets traversing between myself and the server.

Rapidshare is removing content which makes the work being done here kinda redundant when ice is trying to build a link library for its users. I agree with your post on the other filehosts as I have the same problems here in Manitoba.

WOW! that guy must have the bucks, when I had to change ISPs or go without communications, I was looking at Cogeco's 50Mbps level but
at 99.99 $ a month it was too rich for my blood. I wanted more than the economy 8Mbps, so I went for the Turbo 20 package and though
I'm paying double from Rogers' 3Mbps portable, I'm getting 12 times the speed and since ice can no longer serve me, I went with their 'friend'
from the main site page, 2Leech and couldn't be happier. Simple copy and paste from any number of hosts,though I do have my favourites,
I get over ten times the speed from 600k for a single file to a peak of 2.5Mbps for a group download while still using the simple MegaManager.
Ya just gotta wait for it to stop searching for MU [about 30 seconds] after launch, then hit the 'OK' and go to the downloads tab and c & p .
MM then reads from your clipboard.
Though, ya gotta read the fine print, twice I got Russian language versions, one German and one French.

Thank You to Russtronic™ for my sig!

billionuploads
no0b

Post#143 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:34 pm

BillionUploads.com is not interested to host for icefilms.

Have a nice day.

bigdog2626
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#144 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:13 pm

is it just me or all the sites from the main site slow
180upload im not even getting 100kb dl
& vidhog is even slower then 180upload
i remember when 180 came out it was great speeds
so how ar you guys streaming from these sites

phokas
no0b

Post#145 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:56 pm

bigdog2626 wrote:is it just me or all the sites from the main site slow
180upload im not even getting 100kb dl
& vidhog is even slower then 180upload
i remember when 180 came out it was great speeds
so how ar you guys streaming from these sites

Downloading from Sharebees, Vidhog, and UploadOrb at about 40Kbps with a 18Mbps connection...been having to the start the downloads, sleep, go to work and come home before I can watch any of my shows. :roll:

gogmorgo
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#146 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:43 pm

Today's downloads so far, respectively from:
Hog
Hog
Orb
Hog
RS
Orb
Orb
Hog
Orb
All free accounts, some registered some not, I don't remember which ones I reg'd. The only one that's really sh*t is RS. For the most part, those are streamable speeds. I went on a four mile walk waiting for RS to download that one... and it still wasn't close to done when I got back.

bigdog2626
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#147 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:27 am

what Orb is

RISUG
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#148 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:43 am

Here are my averages:

Vidhog - 400 - 800KB/s

180upload - 2900 - 3100KB/s

Sharebees - 950 - 1800KB/s

UploadOrb - 500 - 850KB/s

2Shared - 2800 - 3000KB/s
Honesty is praised, and starves.

~ Juvenal

gogmorgo
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#149 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:00 pm

bigdog2626 wrote:what Orb is

UploadOrb?

bigdog2626
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#150 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:12 pm

ok i saw that on the mainsite right after i asked lol

Vidhog - 400 - 800KB/s

180upload - 2900 - 3100KB/s
nice for some reason only god knows why im only getting 40-100kb from those 2 & when 180 started man i was getting my full dl speed odd i think i noticed if your dl from rapidshare is small it dls fast like it use to like under 10mb

Return to “Hosts”