Need 180Upload Tutorial

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

caldin
meh

Re: Need 180Upload Tutorial

Post#16 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:42 pm

i don't see anything that says mp4 other than the file name on 180upload, but nowhere do i see anyway of downloading from that site anymore. i can't always stream, so i like to download the shows i watch so i can watch them when i'm at work. sadly, it's been getting harder and harder with i think vidhog not allowing download unless you pay for it, and the others either being incredibly slow or nowhere to download from anymore.

gogmorgo
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#17 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:20 pm

To download from 180upload:

USE IQS! It WORKS!

Get the most recent version from the homepage.

if you insist on not using IQS, then make sure IQS is completely disabled, and do this:
looks like they've wised up to this... the "embed 2" tab may not be available any more.

And then hit enter.

If you really insist on digging through the console, it's there too, but trust me, the above method is much, much easier.

Oh, and did I mention that it makes things seriously easier if you've got adblock?
Last edited by gogmorgo on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

caldin
meh

Post#18 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:47 pm

except on my screen after i click on a link in icefilms doesn't show those options at the bottom like in your screen shot. it shows it for a split second, then acts as if it's reloading the page, and just shows a player at the bottom. nowhere do i see anything about embed code 2 or any of those other things shown in your screen shot.

gogmorgo
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#19 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:07 pm

If you're using Chrome, then install the most recent update of IQS from the home page, and then use the IQS. It should work. Note that you need to right click on the IQS download button, and then "save as" (might be "save link as" or "save linked content" or something similar)
If you don't want to use IQS, then you'll have to either uninstall or disable IQS ( navigate to chrome://settings/extensions ) so it doesn't redirect you. The above tutorial only works with IQS disabled.

caldin
meh

Post#20 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:37 pm

i use chrome, i always keep the IQS up to date from the homepage, but i have never done anything for downloading besides click on the link that opens up a new tab and i usually download after clicking that link.

but as i said, nothing is coming up after i click the link and the 180upload tab opens up that allows me the option of downloading. it just shows a player i can stream with, but no way of downloading.

gogmorgo
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#21 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:07 pm

At risk of redundancy, you're absolutely certain you've updated to 4.9.1 (just released today!!)? I had a similar situation to the one you describe, and the update fixed that.
If that doesn't work, then disable IQS. IQS causes the redirect, so disable it completely to prevent the page from redirecting. Then you should be able to do follow the pictographs.

If that still doesn't work, open up the javascript console, and go find

Code: Select all

<span id="flvplayer">

It should be under the headings

<div id="wrapper">
 <div id="main">
  <table cellpadding=...>
   <tbody><tr><td>
    <div id="player_code">

There's a whole bunch of code in there, and in it somewhere is a link that looks something like:

http://173.193.202.92:182/d/ashu6tbwpqikmrsc5ygxcwexexf5voxkvzhekgb5pqynxfehit6ltl6r/video.mp4

Go to that link, and it should start downloading.
It is a pita, just to let you know. Much easier to use IQS or the first method.

caldin
meh

Post#22 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:12 pm

ya, it's working now. but it was doing this the last few days as well, not just today. but oh well i guess since i can now see an actual download button to use.

gogmorgo
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#23 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:44 pm

Glad to be able to help, I think...

caldin
meh

Post#24 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:50 pm

well it works now is what's important. i do thank you for giving ideas to try out and being constructive!

i may not understand what was going on the last couple of days, but good thing about the past is i don't have to know if i don't particularly want to! lol

gogmorgo
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#25 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:53 pm

heheh... good call!

Millertimewest
no0b

Post#26 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:08 pm

Hello. I'm trying to download from 180 with my iPad. I have no problems with rapid share but I'm completely frustrated with 180. Can someone help me out with this. I read about the embed 2 comments but I do not see that option available.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Cheers

gogmorgo
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#27 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:31 pm

The "embed 2" stuff is sometimes not there. Couldn't tell you why.
They've been saying that the download button is back, and to get to that you need to click on the "go to video or file" button. However, sometimes I get an html doc instead of a video file.

As far as the iPad is concerned, never even held one, so can't help you more than that...

iszazial
Average User

Post#28 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:29 pm

I have tried to replicate this issue under pretty much all platforms and browsers and couldn't get it not to show the embed 2 tab. Either way you can always find the video link when using the browsers debugging tools. The most common time the video source will be revealed is upon pressing the play button with the native embedded video player.

gogmorgo
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#29 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:35 am

I think the "embed 2" tab might not come up right away when the file's uploaded. Either way, the download button's back, so why not use it?

Topic Author
Audia4
Average User

Post#30 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:13 pm

Vidhog & 180upload are really frustrating. I've tried to download now 4 or 5 times the latest edition of Top Gear UK and both sites time out, (interupt) or just tooooooo slow. My vote, if we need to pay a premium is Rapidshare, so far performance has been consistently quick, (other than the occasionally vanishing content).

Any suggestions on how I can improve download performance on Vidhog or 180upload?

Return to “Hosts”