Problems with Streaming and DLing

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
Powstar11
no0b

Problems with Streaming and DLing

Post#1 » Wed May 23, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi ,

Ive always used ICE to stream my movies and keep me up to date but in the last week or 2 ive not been able to stream movies in my chrome brower , ive not been able to Download and ive not been able to stream using VLC.

Ive read and done all the tutorials but have had no luck. Whenever i click to stream a program it just loads forever and doesnt play. When i stream through VLC it stops every 2 - 3 minutes to buffer.

Can anyone offer some help.

Thanks

irs009
meh

Re: Problems with Streaming and DLing

Post#2 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:40 pm

Are you trying to watch HD stuff, you wont find a server that will give you the bandwidth you need.

Now to get my Arss chewed up. It makes no sense to upload HD here where the only way possible to watch it would be to download it. I don't care if you have a 30Meg connection, you still can't watch because 200KB down will barely let you watch SD programming.

They should be on a torrent which will download 3-5 times faster (I guessed at that).

Have at it guys, but remember, it's just MHO.

irs009
meh

Post#3 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:54 pm

A lot of content is using delay tactics. For instance, I think Vid hog you have to click a blue button towards the end - right of the page. That starts a timer from 30 seconds then says continue to video. They've all got tricks and you have to learn them. I have been having your problems, but am working thru the servers pages. It tells it all, but you really have to look for it.

Way
RedTek

Post#4 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:20 pm

Ok from what you have said all I can say to start with is this.

Clear both your browser and divx cache .

For Vlc you have to have a good connection speed both with your isp and the host.

If you don't then use Divx it will download/buffer the video to your hard drive completely the same as downloading.

Some of the newer files will not work with the older divx you can update to fix this, but the little I have used it I have not found the save as (they may have removed this).
So if you want to download it then click download on the IQS player or the download on the host site.

I recommend Ccleaner to clean your system.(would not live with out it)
Cookies may need cleaning but Remember that this is you login info user name/password to all sites, so make sure you know that before cleaning it, but sometimes cleaning it will also help.
Also doing a DNS cache clean/flush sometimes helps.

The hosts that are used here have both daily and user limits.
The hosts are new and growing so they are sometimes overloaded try again later.
Depending on your location and the hosts server one may work better for you than others.
Your Isp may be limiting your speed/connection.
With Torrents you do both download and upload at the same time so you will lose speed.
Paying for Premium will increase your speed.
Being up to date with your scripts/programs/system/drivers will help.
Having a clean system virus/malware/spyware helps.
Using a download manager (Any) will help speed if downloading.

Chime back and someone will always have something to say recommend.

If your not sure what your ISP speed is then run a test.
http://www.speedtest.net/

If your not sure what to click then look at the posts me and hibbs made on that.

Where and what to click on some hosts

VidHog

UploadOrb

MovReel

Glumbo

I hope you see the pattern here on how to do it ;)

Here is a copy of Hibbs post on the same topic it may be of more help? Different Pictures to read

Holy shit people, if you bothered to read anything before you just posted shit randomly, you would know the answer to your problem.

THE ICEFILM'S PLAYER DOESN'T LOAD AS SOON AS YOU GO TO THE HOST NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU HAVE TO CLICK SOME BUTTONS BEFORE IT APPEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me hold your hand and walk you through it since it's become apparent that some of you are unable to think and act for yourself.

Take the following steps to make the player window appear for each respective host. (assuming you are a free member and are not logged in, these steps might be slightly different if you are a registered or premium member, try not to get too lost. a little common sense goes a long way) These steps are assuming you have the latest IQS installed and have already clicked a source and been directed to the external file host's page.

Sharebees:
Step 1.

Step 2.

VidHog:
Step 1.

Step 2.

Step 3.

GlumboUploads:
Step 1.

Step 2.

Movreel:
Step 1.

Step 2.

Step 3.

180upload:
Step 1.

Step 2.

UploadOrb:
Step 1.

Step 2.

Step 3.

Jumbofiles:
Step 1.

Step 2.

If you still can't figure it out, you can't be helped and obviously require assistance to wipe your own ass.

Bob Samonkey
meh

Post#5 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:21 pm

First of all I feel the need to say that I really love this place. It has allowed me to save money on cable. Money me and my family really need right now as we are struggling. Yours is the best site out there. Even the big names (ABC, CBS, etc) do not have the quality of video and wonder why places like this exist...

That being said I am having troubles that I cannot seem to rectify. As I said I am poor so I do not have the fastest internet speeds. I pay for the mid grade and am happy with it. Because of this though the VLC will not work for me. So I was overjoyed when you brought back the Flash and Divx. It may not play everything but it makes it easier on me and I do not have to download everything.

Recently the Flash and Divx have been failing me. I get to the screen and push the easy to see button and it just loads and loads. but does not catch to begin buffering. It is like it never actually connects to the site. The flash even pretends to build a buffer when I push pause but when play is pushed it all disappears. Divx also never connects to the host just keeps saying that it is connecting. This happens with all hosts.

I have tried to cleaning everything using CCleaner. I have removed everything and reinstalled to no avail. It is happening on both Firefox and Chrome. I know it must be something on my end but I cannot for the life of me figure it out. Other Flash and Divx works for me but I cannot get this to work. If you know of anything please help me. And think you for your time...

Way
RedTek

Post#6 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:40 pm

At Bob Samonkey if you haven't then making a free registered account with each host will increase your limit/connection.

A lot of schools are and will be letting out for summer break so I would ASSUME that the traffic/users is going up.

It just sounds like from your description your just not connecting to the host so a free account will help some.

Oh and streaming and downloading is the same thing in both cases it the file is downloaded from the host to your computer..

Streaming it is downloaded to a Temp Folder/Cache/App Data this downloaded file will be automatically cleaned when you clean your browser / divx Cache.....

When you download you have to delete it manually....

I repeat it both cases it is downloaded to you it is not Pre-Loaded on your computer... It has to be downloaded to it ;) Just like a youtube video is downloaded to your computer Hell even these words your reading is downloaded to your computer.... Every thing you see on the internet is downloaded to your computer ....

Bob Samonkey
meh

Post#7 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:36 pm

Well what I meant was that I do not have to download the entire file. I understand that the steaming also downloads a smaller file.

But you are correct. For some reason I am not connecting to any hosts. I do have a free account with Vidhog and have no success with it either. I was just hoping there was something simple I was missing....

Way
RedTek

Post#8 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:30 pm

When running Ccleaner you can also try cleaning your DNS cache I doubt it will help but why not try. You can also try cleaning your cookies but keep in mind that this is your login Info so all passwords/user names will be lost form your system make a note of all of them ;)

Code: Select all

Well what I meant was that I do not have to download the entire file. I understand that the steaming also downloads a smaller file.

No your wrong it will be the same size file streaming or downloading same amount of bandwith will be used ;)

Streaming is not a smaller file than downloading ;)

mixiepixie
no0b

Post#9 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:54 pm

I have been trolling these forums for a few weeks now trying to find a true fix for this issue. I have Tampermonkey, have gotten the newest IQS added, ran CC, cleaned my caches, and tested my dl speed (14.78mps) and am running the latest version of chrome. I'm not the most tech savvy person but have been able to follow forum directs and troubleshoot any problems that popped up with ICE over the past few years pretty successfully. This one however I can't seem to find any fix yet. I have the same problem where after I click to stream through divx and get the never ending loading circle. I have even tried to go back to FF and get the same issue. I love this site and can't stand most cable networks so I have been must sees or watching Antiques Roadshow and Nova on PBS....running out of episodes lol. I know I can watch for free elsewhere but ICE has been my homepage for going on 3 years now... Hope someone can help me with a fix soon. Thanks in advance!!

Way
RedTek

Post#10 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:59 pm

I give UP ^^^

DaveyHu
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#11 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:12 am

Could it possably be your firewall or some other sort of antivirus/blocking software you have running
Not letting you download from the hosts??

Only ask because a couple of my friends had similar probs and it turned out to be that.

Return to “Hosts”