halp, billionuploads issue.

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
far2daleft
meh

halp, billionuploads issue.

Post#1 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:00 am

Billionuploads no longer streams through vlc for me, despite being the most consistent source for me. It usually shows the video headline in the top bar and then gradually buffers, now it doesn't do anything, it flashes the headline, and refuses to play.

rockingny
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: halp, billionuploads issue.

Post#2 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:27 pm

Same thing for me.

DaveyHu
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#3 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:53 pm

It's a known issue, but i'm sure it will get fixed soon(ish) cuz the Admins are AWESOME!!!! and have not failed us yet!

Way
RedTek

Post#4 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:33 pm

BU works just fine it is just slow to connect sometimes taking up to 3 minutes.
Just be patient after clicking the play button.

rockingny
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#5 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:18 pm

doesnt work through vlc or kantaris though. I will try it out in a few mins with kantaris, the three min thing.

Way
RedTek

Post#6 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:27 pm

Works with VLC that is all I use haven't tried Divx.

Sometimes it will time out and give the error, but after a few tries it will work.

I'm not sure what the problem is because using the download link connects like it should, but they do work I don't know how to prove it to you.
I don't have anything to gain from it so believe or not it is your choice.

Guess I'm the only one that will wait for it or maybe I have a super E-machine computer that is better than the rest.

Way
RedTek

Post#7 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:11 pm

Video Removed

OK it took 2 minutes to connect that time but as you can see using VLC with a link added today not by me it does work you just have to wait for it ;)
Last edited by Way on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed Video

DaveyHu
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#8 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:24 pm

Ok so I've waited for six mins now and still nothing plays in vlc, BU never works for me now no matter how long i wait, but if i use their Divx player window it starts stright away.

Oh, your vid you posted says it's a private video. :)

Way
RedTek

Post#9 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:27 pm

Woops wrong setting changed it if it don't play now let me know I will change it again I'm not a you tube, twitter, facebook, person.

Don't know why I have special powers to make it work when everyone else can't????

DaveyHu
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#10 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:39 pm

It stopped working for me about two weeks ago, it started to get slower and slower then nothing, before then it worked almost perfect, at like 1.4Mb/s most of the time

Way
RedTek

Post#11 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:46 pm

Well I don't know they don't have premium so it's not that but I just wanted people to know it is not the IQS I don't think as it will still connect and play.
May be another host folding to the demand of Ice users ?
They have slowed down like the others that get over used.

I think it is just high traffic demand issue with them ??

rockingny
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#12 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:21 pm

i waited 4 mins and nothing for vlc. Same thing with kantaris. I actually waited 5 mins for kantaris.

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#13 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:23 pm

Billion is off and on for me.....*scratches chin*. I do believe next time we look in to new hosts, we should also look in to the history of the site's owner. Since Mega went down, the opportunity for people(opportunistic money hungry bastards) fulfilling our and everybody's host needs skyrocketed. I mean, duh. Some of the sites will pander and some will go with the flow. Some will get in the game to make a buck and get out. (<<<<That particular comment IS directed at you Kieran). I full well see and understand why people throw up a host site to make a few bucks, then get out of the game before the heat comes down. I also see why some try to run legitimate(by that I mean not cash and dash host sites such as Kieren's) sites, but run into a vast array of tech issues pertaining most directly to volume issues. Will we ever have an answer to hosting issues? Yes. How is that accomplished? It will only be accomplished when a host can grow a pair worthy of being compared to Kims.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

rockingny
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#14 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:45 pm

^^ agree to this, the only one that i felt that even came close to mu was sharebees. I am not comparing them by any means, but they did a pretty decent job. I dunno what's taking them so long so far but ugh.. Yeah sharebees and movreel i like. I think we should pick a host with consistent speeds. Prob with 180 or bu is that sometimes they are fast and sometimes they aren't. Also i dunno whatever happened to jumbofiles? But they are pretty decent too.

rodentraiser
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#15 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:47 pm

Hmmm, BillionUploads works fine for me every time and next to 2Shared, it's the fastest one here. I hate to say this, but I also have an eMachines computer. Maybe...........

Return to “Hosts”