Movreel Reported Attack Page!

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
RocketGnome
meh

Movreel Reported Attack Page!

Post#1 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:40 am

Hey guys. I've tried with a few different shows and every time I click a Movreel link, it gives me a Reported Attack Page! All the other sources are working fine though. I'm using Firefox 10.0.2 if that matters. I don't know what you guys can do but I thought I would give you the heads up and maybe tell Movreel if they care to look into it. Below is a copy/paste of the diagnostics page.

What is the current listing status for movreel.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 269 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 104 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-08-26, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-08-25.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including vegarotation.com/.

2 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including comclick.com/, zedo.com/.

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS51852 (PLI), AS24940 (HETZNER).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, movreel.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Thank you for your time.

supernova
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: Movreel Reported Attack Page!

Post#2 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:59 am

I don't have problems with Movreel and I don't think that it matters what version
of Firefox you're using.Try adding Malware Domains filter subscription to Adblock.
It blocks first and third party malware.Also I applied Spybot immunization and I didn't
have any malware problems in last year or so.

megcak555
Overachiever

Post#3 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:04 am

Hey mate....Seems as though it's your virus protection program with either spamware or adware which most likely it's the adware protection of your virus program...

Movreel has nothing to do with you receiving those "warnings"...You [IMO] need not be too overly concerned with the message...yeah take heed as to whether or not you wish to continue using movreel or not...

If it were me...There are way too many other link options to choose from and that's what I usually do...just ignore, don't use that link provider and go on...I'll admit sometime I do go into those far worse than movreel such as filesere [DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER] yeah avoid that one if possible...but I do on my own accord...

I'm sure your going to get others here to "aid" in your quest for answers to what you experienced...just know and remember when you "play" in this world, downloading scene...You will encounter many of those "warnings" many file host's out on the net have to have ads to stay afloat...

Good luck mate and stay cautious- :D

rockingny
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#4 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:42 am

it's you without the proper protection. Anyway here is my suggestion to you avast antivirus free, adblock plus, Do not track plus and spybot search and destroy. Hope this helps.

megcak555
Overachiever

Post#5 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:57 am

rockingny wrote:it's you without the proper protection. Anyway here is my suggestion to you avast antivirus free, adblock plus, Do not track plus and spybot search and destroy. Hope this helps.

Not quit sure I follow mate...If his protection program [whatever it be] is providing him with a "warning" well...it would in fact seem that he....welllllll...has proper protection... (think) (think) :^) (think) (think)

rockingny
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#6 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:44 pm

I assuming meg that he doesn't have an ad blocker, but i am just basing on the stuff that he said. Movreel isn't the problem it's the ads that create this. This happened in the very beginning with bu as well. Block the ads and you won't get it. If he does have an ad block then maybe it's not that good? I am just basing it on my previous experience and the best protection for me.

megcak555
Overachiever

Post#7 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:55 pm

rockingny wrote:I assuming meg that he doesn't have an ad blocker, but i am just basing on the stuff that he said. Movreel isn't the problem it's the ads that create this. This happened in the very beginning with bu as well. Block the ads and you won't get it. If he does have an ad block then maybe it's not that good? I am just basing it on my previous experience and the best protection for me.

Oh ok mate..yeah I follow you now we're on the same page...That's what I had told him/her as well...but looks as though it's not that important to him/her for we've seen no reply as of yet....unless....CRASHHHH....Oooffff...then it must've been something all together different...

Later mate...Cheers- :D

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#8 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:44 pm

Rocket your paste gave you the answer it said there was no problem with Movreel that it was a third party more likely than not. So Adblock or something of the like will fix you right up . That is why we suggest it in the getting started threads. As the ads that pay to keep these sights up are sometimes hijacked by--- well we wont get into that because if I used the language that they deserved I would have to Warn and then Ban myself.....

Return to “Hosts”