MovReel odd behaviour

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
rawgasm
Heart on for IceFlims

MovReel odd behaviour

Post#1 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Hi guys, when I try to download any file from MovReel, the file it attempts to download is movreel.exe and my AV then flags the attempted attack. It appears to stream fine on MovReel, but I typically download my shows in advance to avoid buffers. I've seen a few other posts related to this but can't seem to find the mega-thread (if any) that may have been created.

Not sure if it's just me or not.

Way
RedTek

Re: MovReel odd behaviour

Post#2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:40 pm

Yea try this post
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=80930

Topic Author
rawgasm
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#3 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:43 pm

Aha! Thar she be. I'm terribly blind evidently. Appreciated, Way.

Feel free to delete/move this post.

Way
RedTek

Post#4 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:49 pm

No worries glad to help.

Topic Author
rawgasm
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#5 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:52 pm

I'll give you a cookie if you can figure out how to fix it in a Chrome based web browser. I use SRWare Iron and there's no option to open a list of blockable items.

Working in my firefox however, so by no means necessary.

Way
RedTek

Post#6 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:35 pm

I'll look into Chrome when I get time.

Topic Author
rawgasm
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#7 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:38 pm

Much appreciated again, Way, you're awesome!

Way
RedTek

Post#8 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:37 am

Aight I got a fix for you Chrome users and well FireFox also if your using AdBlock with Easylist Filter the MovReel Download link is hidden.
But I have found out how to fix it in FireFox by editing the filter or you can change filters.For Chrome all I have found is to change filters.

FireFox to Change Filters

For FireFox you Right click the Adblock icon and goto>Filter Preferences or shortcut (CTRL+SHIFT+F) then un-tick the easylist filter. Now to get Easylist Without Element Hiding > goto http://easylist.adblockplus.org/en/ and scroll down till you see.
EasyList without element hiding

This EasyList variant only contains blocking filters to remove adverts, with no element rules whatsoever; it therefore has more limited coverage than the full version of the list, although still commands a niche market.

And click on that page where it says > Add EasyList without element hiding to Adblock Plus

Now go back to a Movreel link and you will now see the Download Link below their player UN-Tick the BS box and then click the Download Original Video words, and your download will start like normal, or right click copy to your download manager.

FireFox to Edit Filter

When on the Movreel page Goto>Adblock>Open blockable items (CTRL+Shift+V) click the play button on the player then that page will re-load this page is where the download link is now goto>the blockable items list at the bottom and right click the first one listed. (###divxshowboxt > br + script + div[align="center"] movreel.com###divxshowboxt > br + script + div[align="center"]) it will be shown as HIDDEN under TYPE , and disable this filter.
Re-load the page and the "Download Button" will now show.
Un-Tick the BS Box and click on Download Original Video or right click copy into your download manager. See Pics Below if you don't understand.

After you click the Play Button the Page will Refresh/Reload

Now close Adblock window and refresh/reload page

For Chrome Change Filters

For Chrome you Right click the Adblock icon and goto>options this will open a new tab then choose the Filter Lists Tab and un-tick easylist filter

This will unsubscribe that filter from AdBlock. Now to get Easylist Without Element Hiding > goto http://easylist.adblockplus.org/en/ and scroll down till you see

EasyList without element hiding

This EasyList variant only contains blocking filters to remove adverts, with no element rules whatsoever; it therefore has more limited coverage than the full version of the list, although still commands a niche market.

And click on that page where it says > Add EasyList without element hiding to Adblock Plus

Now go back to a Movreel link and you will now see the Download Link below their player UN-Tick the BS box and then click the Download Original Video words, and your download will start like normal, or right click copy to your download manager.

Topic Author
rawgasm
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#9 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:28 pm

Awesome, thanks for the research Way!

Return to “Hosts”