Vidhog forces .exe downloads

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
slapthetoad
meh

Vidhog forces .exe downloads

Post#1 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:01 am

hi

when choosing to download a link from vidhog, actually just landing on the page a .exe downloads automatically. it will be named whatever the download title is. that is unwelcome, creepy and dangerous. at first i thought it happened when i hit the download link but no as i said before just landing on the page you get the .exe.

is there something that can be done to stop this. thanks

supernova
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: Vidhog forces .exe downloads

Post#2 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:20 am

Same here.Every time there is Avast warning about adware.
I've tried to block that automatic download but it didn't work.
Maybe someone knows how to block that crap.

jwc.if
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#3 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:33 am

Ditto to supernova's and slapthetoad's posts above.
I got the same "movietitle.EXE" filename to DL a few days ago.
Didn't post about it then ... just DLed "movietitle" from another filehost.

I haven't liked or trusted vidhog since they screwed so many of us here at ICE and "vanished into thin air" last year and left their PREMIUM members with nothing. I certainly WOULD NEVER DL an EXE file from these lying, cheating, scumbags.

I will not be clicking on anymore of their links in the future. ... just sayin' ...
John

There are only 10 kinds of people, ... those who understand BINARY and those who DO NOT understand BINARY.

Tech support has identified your problem, it is PEBKAC, "Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair".

nathananalex
Average User

Post#4 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:14 am

I get the exact same thing.Of course I am just clueless ,lack reading comprehension ,and explain myself poorly so I let someone else post first on this issue so I wouldn't get told this again.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#5 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:18 pm

Do you use an ad blocker? What browser?
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

supernova
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#6 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:23 pm

It has nothing to do with ABP,it is not an ad.
When you click on continue to the video and watch/download site opens,
automatically download window opens trying to trick you to download adware.
In my case that is blocked by Avast.I've tried to block malware url with ABP,but
it didn't work.Also I tried to block that url with Avast website blocking and that
also didn't work.Vidhog is now,plain and simple malware site which should be avoided.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#7 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:36 pm

Most hosts now have a box asking you to use their download accelerator. make sure to scroll down and un-check that tiny box before proceeding. This should cure your ill. ;)
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

supernova
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#8 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:39 pm

It is not download accelerator.Download window (dialogue) automatically
opens just by landing on the page after clicking - continue to the video.
Every time Avast blocks that adware download attempt.
I always uncheck download accelerator box,but on Vidhog I don't have a
chance to do so.I will not use Vidhog anymore.It is simply malware site.
I remember when Kieran from Vidhog was trying to trick us to use codec c/v
crap claiming that we will benefit from it.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#9 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:23 pm

After trying around a dozen links I do not experience this problem. This clearly means it is something that can be rectified on your end. More info might help us solve this problem easier.

Way
RedTek

Post#10 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:25 pm

Ok so yesterday(4-23) I had this to happen meself but of course i didn't download it.

Today however it is not doing it. No it isn't a Ad it was just a pop-up download/happened without doing anything.

It was prolly something to do with a ad however I can't say for sure, But it is not doing it now. So I have been using them all day with not troubles, and will continue using them as they have fast download speeds.

Same as downloading anything free be careful what you download and un-tick/refuse anything you don't want. This happens with even things like Adobe Flash player and other free programs/services....

I say users should always be careful and use some measure of common sense/Read before clicking shit....

nathananalex
Average User

Post#11 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:47 pm

I use Chrome, I always untick the box,I have Adblocker. I get the .exe everytime. Just to add more info for anyone if it helps ,I will not be wasting my time with VH again .

supernova
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#12 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:43 am

It is fine now.No more adware download attempts.

nathananalex
Average User

Post#13 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:19 am

Based on the above reply that it is fine,I gave it another try. VH no longer downloads a .exe , now I just get the same " wrong IP " message that I get with 180 and BU . So if I ever figure out what is wrong with them VH should work too.

Return to “Hosts”